The Student Room Group

University of Bristol A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi! Does anybody know if Bristol have different UCAT cut off scores for Contextual and non contextual applicants? I've had a look on the admissions policy and from reading that I got the idea that they treat contextual and non contextual applicants the same, other than when it regards the A level grades/Final offer. Thanks :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by mm0803
Hi! Does anybody know if Bristol have different UCAT cut off scores for Contextual and non contextual applicants? I've had a look on the admissions policy and from reading that I got the idea that they treat contextual and non contextual applicants the same, other than when it regards the A level grades/Final offer. Thanks :smile:

Yes, I think this has been the case in past years
Reply 82
Does being contextual affect the interview cutoff score for Bristol
Hi, does anyone know whether 3060 would help secure an interview? I'm applying as an international student - was the cutoff definitely 2870 last year?
Original post by applecyder
Hi, does anyone know whether 3060 would help secure an interview? I'm applying as an international student - was the cutoff definitely 2870 last year?

Yes it definitely would. The cut-off score last year was 2830 for Home students and 2880 for International students.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by potatoslices
Yes it definitely would. The cut-off score last year was 2830 for Home students and 2880 for International students.

thanks so much! I was worried about securing an interview but this puts my mind at ease (at least a little bit)!

where is the 2830 value from
Original post by taxonomy.
where is the 2830 value from

last year's TSR thread I believe
Would Bristol be a safe choice as an international student if I got a UCAT of 2940? I'm weighing this uni against King's (I have a score of 125), mainly.
I got 7 9's and 2 7's in iGCSE, UCAT: 2940, Band 2, Predicted:4A*, UCAS tariff: 224 likely.
Does anyone have any predictions of how high the UCAT cut-off will be this year? I scored 2900 and Band 1 but I'm hesitant to apply. I know that it was 2830 last year for non-contextual Home students.
Does anyone have any predictions of how high the UCAT cut-off will be this year? I scored 2900 and Band 1 but I'm hesitant to apply. I know that it was 2830 last year for non-contextual Home students.

I would hope it would not go up that high, but we do not have crystal balls. I suspect it is still likely to be a good choice for you.
Reply 91
Does anyone know if Bristol have clarified whether interviews will be online this year?
Original post by TYGK
Does anyone know if Bristol have clarified whether interviews will be online this year?

I emailed them about this, and they said that it is 'likely' that they will be online but cannot say anything for now.
Hiii I was just wondering if Bristol would be a risky option for me, I got 2850 band 2 and ik the cut off was 2830 last year but wouldn't it be likely to go up this year cuz of increased competition? Ik no one can predict the future but just though i'd ask anyways.
Tyyyyy
Original post by HAMZAHHHH
Hiii I was just wondering if Bristol would be a risky option for me, I got 2850 band 2 and ik the cut off was 2830 last year but wouldn't it be likely to go up this year cuz of increased competition? Ik no one can predict the future but just though i'd ask anyways.
Tyyyyy

Cut off could go up cause of increased amount of people taking the UCAT and applying. Cut off could go down cause of people with 2830-2900 wanting a safer option.
Hi guys I plan on applying to Bristol with a ucat of 2600 could you guys all do me a favor and not apply so the cut off drops down for me. It would be greatly appreciated cheers
Reply 96
Hello I think I apply for the contextual offer due to the school I attend being on the list does anyone know if I have to put any thing on my ucas application to tell them???
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi! I really want apply to Bristol but I got 2820. I know no one can predict the cut off, but is it even possible for the cut off to go down to the point where I could be offered an interview? Thanks
Reply 98
Original post by Chloe Groves
Hi! I really want apply to Bristol but I got 2820. I know no one can predict the cut off, but is it even possible for the cut off to go down to the point where I could be offered an interview? Thanks

Anything is possible.....
Original post by GANFYD
Anything is possible.....

Haha thanks, I meant realistically like an ok chance, sorry I should have specified
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending