The Student Room Group

Foundation degree

Hi, I've been offered a foundation degree at my first choice uni or a full degree at 2nd choice uni. Dilemma, as really like first choice but wondering if its foolish to do foundation if have options not to. thanks
You can convert a foundation degree into an honours degree after you've completed it by studying a top up course to make up the credits after you've finished it. You can complete the top up at your first choice uni or any other uni that offers the course after you've finished.
Reply 2
Original post by sueidge
Hi, I've been offered a foundation degree at my first choice uni or a full degree at 2nd choice uni. Dilemma, as really like first choice but wondering if its foolish to do foundation if have options not to. thanks

I had a similar issues to yourself.

I was offered an extended degree with my first choice, this had a foundation year and then the full degree afterwards.
I also was offered the normal 3 year degree with another, initially as this saved an extra year it was tempting.

What made me decide was speaking to the two universities and attending open events.
The first choice, whilst a longer course, in my opinion is a far better fit for me and offers a better experience.

The second choice had only had their course running for a year or two and I did not like the idea of them not having anyone graduate yet as I could not look into student career prospects for that course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending