The Student Room Group

Medicine personal statement help!!!!

I’m currently working on my personal statement and I’m struggling a lot. I have completed my first draft, but it is definitely over the word count and I’m stressing out a lot. Is there anyone that would be able to help me???? Would it be ok if I send you my current personal statement so that I can have advice on how to make it sound better??
Original post by yara56394484
I’m currently working on my personal statement and I’m struggling a lot. I have completed my first draft, but it is definitely over the word count and I’m stressing out a lot. Is there anyone that would be able to help me???? Would it be ok if I send you my current personal statement so that I can have advice on how to make it sound better??

Do not send your personal statement to someone you don’t know - this exposes you to plagiarism, which is taken extremely seriously. Equally, do not post the statement online, for the same reason.

There’s a personal statement checker on this site which is secure, so feel free to use that, or equally can you send it to a teacher at your school/college?

In terms of word count, the statement purely needs to show why you are suitable for the course. Especially for medicine, take out any discussion of irrelevant extra curriculars (e.g. DofE, rounders, grade 8 flute) and only include those specific to the course.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
Do not send your personal statement to someone you don’t know - this exposes you to plagiarism, which is taken extremely seriously. Equally, do not post the statement online, for the same reason.

There’s a plagiarism checker on this site which is secure, so feel free to use that, or equally can you send it to a teacher at your school/college?

In terms of word count, the statement purely needs to show why you are suitable for the course. Especially for medicine, take out any discussion of irrelevant extra curriculars (e.g. DofE, rounders, grade 8 flute) and only include those specific to the course.

This! Don't send your PS to random people on TSR. There are so many youtube videos etc out there that give good advice.. e.g. Tash Binnie's one is really good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending