Original post by Anonymous
when were you put on hold?

applying for pol & IR and legit put on hold the day after I applied
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
applying for pol & IR and legit put on hold the day after I applied

yeah i’m on hold too. pretty sure the politics faculty are taking their time as i’ve not heard anyone getting offers.
Original post by SpectroGirl
hi i am thinking of applying but didnt go to an open day . did you?

I didn't, but I looked at the course and from what I've heard Bristol is a really nice place to live. It also has a really good geology course with good facilities, so I'd recommend it if you're thinking about it!
when were you put on hold?

I sent my application in on the 15th October, and they told me I was on hold on the 21st
What is the point of putting someone on hold? I don't get what it actually means. Does it mean your application is good but it needs to be compared to more candidates to estimate a standard?
Original post by _Kestrel_
What is the point of putting someone on hold? I don't get what it actually means. Does it mean your application is good but it needs to be compared to more candidates to estimate a standard?

i don't get it either
Original post by ChineyeS
i don't get it either

Have a look at http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/
Basically it means you've met (or are likely to meet) the conditions to be made an offer. But as the university doesn't know how many applications they'll receive until after the deadline, they can't offer all early applicants a place as that would be unfair on those that apply nearer the deadline.
i don't get it either

From what I understand, if a course gets lots of applicants (e.g biomedical or politics), the department doesn't want to give out too many offers before the january deadline, because they might have given out lots of offers and then not have many places left to give when they get it loads of offers in january. So yeah you're basically right, they just want to be able to compare all the applications together and then find the best ones.
Original post by millymarr
From what I understand, if a course gets lots of applicants (e.g biomedical or politics), the department doesn't want to give out too many offers before the january deadline, because they might have given out lots of offers and then not have many places left to give when they get it loads of offers in january. So yeah you're basically right, they just want to be able to compare all the applications together and then find the best ones.

So is it a bad sign if you are not put on hold? I applied on the 11th October and completed my LNAT the next day. I was given offers from Southampton and Cardiff quite quickly (both non LNAT though) but have heard nothing from Bristol.
(edited 2 years ago)
So is it a bad sign if you are not put on hold? I applied on the 11th October and completed my LNAT the next day. I was given offers from Southampton and Cardiff quite quickly (both non LNAT though) but have heard nothing from Bristol.

Did you get a confirmation email that they received your application?
Original post by millymarr
Did you get a confirmation email that they received your application?

Yes.
Original post by antoniamu7
hello,
i applied for sociology
my a-levels are history, chemistry and literature

my application is on hold, so hopefully i will have an offer soon.

my application is also on hold

i'm in the same position - i don't think they're really putting law applicants on hold
Just got my application put on hold for law so I guess not lol - they also said this was because they get lots of law applicants

Original post by dolcie000
i'm in the same position - i don't think they're really putting law applicants on hold

I said this a few posts back but me and my friend applying have both been put on hold, non contextual and predicted good grades so idk, but it is massively oversubscribed for law so they might be working through the applications still :smile:
Original post by khartmann
I said this a few posts back but me and my friend applying have both been put on hold, non contextual and predicted good grades so idk, but it is massively oversubscribed for law so they might be working through the applications still :smile:

From what I've seen so far, the only Law applicants that have been put on hold are those who do not qualify for a contextual offer. They said that they consider contextual applicants, as we have some sort of small 'priority' due to the social access schemes in place.
From what I've seen so far, the only Law applicants that have been put on hold are those who do not qualify for a contextual offer. They said that they consider contextual applicants, as we have some sort of small 'priority' due to the social access schemes in place.

I’m on hold for law and I qualify for contextual!

Law applicant here, got put on hold yesterday. Sent off my application around about October 12th
yep i just got put on hold for law…
i don't get it either

I don't get it either, especially if you've already been waiting 6 weeks with no news.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending