The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Official University of Bristol 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teddyblue
Hello Bristol applicants! I applied Msci Theoretical Physics on the 16th Oct, and got an acknowledgement on 19th Oct. I'm really hoping I get an early offer from them so I know I have this safe choice there.
Also, I found Bristol's offer rates from 2018 - 2020, they are pretty elusive with them so they were hard to find but if anyone is interested I have attached the spreadsheet!

Where did you source this from? I couldn't find anything myself
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Is it worth applying now at all or have they made all their offers for the year? I haven't been able to apply earlier because my teacher didn't do my reference and has been really slow at getting back to me, so I'm considering whether it's even worth applying at all at this point

Please, please please if anyone knows lmk what you think I'm so broken up about this
Original post by livviemouse
Is it worth applying now at all or have they made all their offers for the year? I haven't been able to apply earlier because my teacher didn't do my reference and has been really slow at getting back to me, so I'm considering whether it's even worth applying at all at this point

Please, please please if anyone knows lmk what you think I'm so broken up about this

Of course it's still worth applying! Bristol has not made all their offers for the year, they are waiting for the jan deadline before making all their offers (which is why they put people on hold). Don't worry too much, you have plenty of time still.

Apply!! You have until late Jan to do so and it’s worth it!

Defo apply. Most Unis (esp competitive ones) haven't made offers. Only a handful to international or deferred students. You haven't lost out at all. Leeds, Durham, Bristol, LSE, UCL, Kings.
Guys, are we supposed to acknowledge the offers received in UCAS somehow, or is it not until we accept or decline later in the year?

I've received offers for Criminology and Criminology with study abroad from Bristol.
(edited 2 years ago)
I applied for politics and econ with a year abroad a month ago and recently got told that my offer has been put on hold. Anyone know what this means?
Original post by Olga from Volga
Guys, are we supposed to acknowledge the offers received in UCAS somehow, or is it not until we accept or decline later in the year?

I've received offers for Criminology and Criminology with study abroad from Bristol.

After you have received all your decisions, UCAS will set a deadline for you to confirm your firm and insurance choices. You don't have to reply until you have received all your offers.

https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/replying-offers-%E2%80%93-your-questions-answered

Generally, if you receive your last decision by 20th May, you have to reply to your offers by 10th June and if you receive your last decision by 6th July, you have to reply to your offers by 14th July.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I applied for politics and econ with a year abroad a month ago and recently got told that my offer has been put on hold. Anyone know what this means?

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by shrey1118
After you have received all your decisions, UCAS will set a deadline for you to confirm your firm and insurance choices. You don't have to reply until you have received all your offers.

https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/replying-offers-%E2%80%93-your-questions-answered

Generally, if you receive your last decision by 20th May, you have to reply to your offers by 10th June and if you receive your last decision by 6th July, you have to reply to your offers by 14th July.

Hi Shrey, thank you so much for such a detailed reply. I read that it should be around May time, but it seemed a bit too long to me.:smile:
Original post by Anonymous

I had an e-mail from Bristol stating that "our application deadline to be given equal consideration with all our applicants for 2022 entry for most undergraduate courses is Wednesday 26 January 2022." So I'd have thought there is still a fair amount of time for them to consider applications.
Any law applicants here who haven't heard from the uni? I applied on 13 October and haven't heard a thing, so I'm getting a little worried now
Original post by ziggy_1999
Any law applicants here who haven't heard from the uni? I applied on 13 October and haven't heard a thing, so I'm getting a little worried now

I'm on hold. I wouldn't worry too much, law is such a popular subject they are probably taking their time getting through applications. Did you get the Christmas email? Just because if you did that confirms you haven't been 'forgotten' about :smile:
Original post by AstroDelta
Where did you source this from? I couldn't find anything myself

i am not sure, i believe it is reliable but i got it from a friend of mine and i'm not sure where they got it from. but they do seem to line up very well with the relative competitiveness of each course and how many people go to the university, so i believe they are right.
most likely from a what do they know request
Original post by _Kestrel_
I'm on hold. I wouldn't worry too much, law is such a popular subject they are probably taking their time getting through applications. Did you get the Christmas email? Just because if you did that confirms you haven't been 'forgotten' about :smile:

Lmao yeah I got that. I got so excited to see an email from them, only to see it's a season's greetings thing
Original post by ziggy_1999
Lmao yeah I got that. I got so excited to see an email from them, only to see it's a season's greetings thing

Know how u feel. Am on hold was hoping to see acceptance email 😂🙄. So zig ..the only sense I can make of this seeming random replies from Bristol is that they might offer the highest scorers (combined LNAT/A/GCSE) first and then work down the list.

What are your predicted grades, if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 2 years ago)
hiya! im a bit late to this, i only applied dec 8th to neuroscience :smile: I also got put on hold which led me here lolllll. good luck to everyone!!
Just got a Law offer from Bristol!! Best of luck to everyone waiting, I'm sure that you will eventually get the good news :smile:
If I may ask, when did you get your email that said you have been put on hold?
Original post by lils201
Just got a Law offer from Bristol!! Best of luck to everyone waiting, I'm sure that you will eventually get the good news :smile:

When did you send your application and if you are happy to share, what were you predicted?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending