The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Official University of Bristol 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ziggy_1999
I applied last Monday I think? I basically switched QMUL for Bristol, because London didn't seem worth the expense if I don't get KCL or LSE. Hopefully I'm not on hold? A Bristol rep at some fair told me last week that I should wait for 4-5 weeks to hear from them

wow i did that as well substituted QMUL for Leeds(econ). Just didnt think it made much sense how the offers were the same but Leeds was ranked that much higher
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Has anyone got an offer for English or theatre just yet?
Original post by yusuf.khalil031
wow i did that as well substituted QMUL for Leeds(econ). Just didnt think it made much sense how the offers were the same but Leeds was ranked that much higher

Haha nice! What've you applied for?
Haha nice! What've you applied for?

econ at leeds,bristol,kings,bath and cambridge you?
econ at leeds,bristol,kings,bath and cambridge you?

Ooh nice. I've applied for law to Oxford, LSE, KCL, Manchester and Bristol
Ooh nice. I've applied for law to Oxford, LSE, KCL, Manchester and Bristol

thats a nutty line up fp get into any of those and your sorted
I haven't got an offer/hold from Bristol yet, nor have I heard any other law applicants getting either.
Remember that they have to mark LNAT essays, which will take a while. 4-5 weeks sounds about right.
thats a nutty line up fp get into any of those and your sorted

Lmao the perils of being an international student - if I'm applying outside, it has to be worth the money lol

Original post by _Kestrel_
I haven't got an offer/hold from Bristol yet, nor have I heard any other law applicants getting either.
Remember that they have to mark LNAT essays, which will take a while. 4-5 weeks sounds about right.

Idk they marked the essays, I thought that was mostly an Oxford thing. But yeah, that makes sense then. Gotta be patient I guess lol
Anyone looking to do computer science?
Lol late to the party but I'm applying for History. Anyone else? Currently studying English Lit, Sociology, History and Drama
(edited 2 years ago)
applying for english here!
Ohhh ok. Do you get a mail saying you're on hold or something?

i guess so, not sure really as I'm not on hold haha
Original post by dolcie000
i guess so, not sure really as I'm not on hold haha

Hahah ok yeah
Original post by succubus666
applying for english here!

I'm hoping to do English and drama! Where else are you applying?
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks. And don’t worry you’ll get a decision soon! I applied super early (like mid September) so maybe that’s why I’ve heard back early

ahhhh okay, i applied a bit later, arnd start octoberish, but yes hopefully! are you an international student or home?
Guys, has anyone applied for Access to Bristol Scheme at the university? I got accepted for the autumn Psychology stream, and think it's a great opportunity to find out if that's really what you want to do.
If so, would you be mentioning this in your personal statement? I am just not sure whether other universities would see it as a commitment to Bristol.
I am applying for Criminology.
Uni choices: Bristol, Cambridge (second application round), Bath, UWE.
Lmao the perils of being an international student - if I'm applying outside, it has to be worth the money lol

Idk they marked the essays, I thought that was mostly an Oxford thing. But yeah, that makes sense then. Gotta be patient I guess lol

Their website says the LNAT weightings are 60% mcq and 40% essay so I guess it'll take longer to hear back
Original post by _LucySophia_
I'm hoping to do English and drama! Where else are you applying?

cambridge, york, bristol, kcl and sheffield
Reply 118
Hi! Has anyone heard back from the biochemistry department yet?
Original post by lorna2022
Their website says the LNAT weightings are 60% mcq and 40% essay so I guess it'll take longer to hear back

Oof, yeah that'll take some time then I guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending