The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Official University of Bristol 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harry204
Just got an offer for economics and politics! Was worried before as they had put my application on hold so I'm relieved :smile:

When did u apply?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Rebeccarum
When did u apply?

Early November
Has anyone had an offer for computer science & electronics yet?
Original post by Harry204
Just got an offer for economics and politics! Was worried before as they had put my application on hold so I'm relieved :smile:

Hi, I’ve applied for a similar course. Would it be possible to know your achieved and predicted grades? Thank you.
Original post by MBMaple
I’ve still not heard anything re Bristol Politics and IR 🙁

Same here .. applied in Jan .. waiting for it
After a little over 4 months put on hold finally I got this message!

"Thank you for applying to study Computer Science (MEng) (G403) at the University of Bristol. After careful consideration, we are sorry that we are unable to offer you a place on this course, however, we would very much like to assess your application for an alternative course to which we think you may be suited."

I logged in and checked the alternative courses offered..
1. Data Science
2. Physics and Scientific Comuting
3. Chemistry and Scientific Computing
.. plus some 6 random courses

I rejected alternative courses offer and asked for feedback. Looks like there are better candidates than my predicted A*(M), A*(CS), A(FM), EPQ(A* - CS project), and GCSEs: 99999999998

Thank you, Bristol. I am better off with pure CS elsewhere than the junk courses you "carefully" want to place me in!
Original post by KTyagi
Hi, I’ve applied for a similar course. Would it be possible to know your achieved and predicted grades? Thank you.

I was predicted A*A*A in Maths, economics and chemistry + A* EPQ
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by student576576
I just got rejected from Bristol Aerospace with 4A*'s predicted in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. Anyone else?

😱😱😱 Are the typically that competitive? We're there other aptitude tests they considered?
Original post by Anonymous
applied in october. on hold since december......... offers from warwick, durham and birmingham.....

Wonderful news! When did you hear from Durham? I only applied in Dec. What was your Lnat score/ predicted?

"Thank you for applying to study Computer Science (MEng) (G403) at the University of Bristol. After careful consideration, we are sorry that we are unable to offer you a place on this course, however, we would very much like to assess your application for an alternative course to which we think you may be suited."

1. Data Science

I rejected alternative courses offer and asked for feedback. Looks like there are better candidates than my predicted A*(M), A*(CS), A(FM), EPQ(A* - CS project), and GCSEs: 99999999998

Thank you, Bristol. I am better off with pure CS elsewhere than the junk courses you "carefully" want to place me in!

damn sorry to hear that. What are your other choices>

1. Data Science

Why do you think grades, where there’s literally been a grade inflation matter so much?💀
Has anyone had an offer for computer science & electronics yet?

Not yet. It's my only outstanding offer now and making me nervous as would probably put it first. Hearing lots of people saying that they've had rejections this week.
damn sorry to hear that. What are your other choices>

UCL (waiting), KCL (waiting), Birmingham (offer), Southampton (offer).
Original post by KTyagi
Why do you think grades, where there’s literally been a grade inflation matter so much?💀

My personal statement is pretty good with CS career-focused - Can't see any other reason than this Times article.

"Private schools ‘gamed’ Covid rules to give their pupils more top A-levels
Our study of pandemic grade inflation shows that many leading independents at least doubled their clutch of A*s"

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/private-schools-gamed-covid-rules-to-give-their-pupils-more-top-a-levels-6z0z6w9r5
In the 2019/20 academic year, 34 percent of Bristol students were from private school backgrounds, which compares to only 7 percent of students nationally.

https://thetab.com/uk/2019/09/19/uk-private-school-universities-125931
In the 2019/20 academic year, 34 percent of Bristol students were from private school backgrounds, which compares to only 7 percent of students nationally.

https://thetab.com/uk/2019/09/19/uk-private-school-universities-125931

Looks like Bristol loves privates.. and most of them gamed the Covid rules :frown:
Anyway, as far as the CS course is concerned, Bristol is not any better than other tier-2 RG unis. I already got 2 of them :smile:
UCL (waiting), KCL (waiting), Birmingham (offer), Southampton (offer).

Quite similar to mine. Waiting on UCL and KCL. Will prolly decline my Bristol offer.
any home students get econ and management offers or rejections yet? x
Original post by student576576
I just got rejected from Bristol Aerospace with 4A*'s predicted in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. Anyone else?

I also got rejected predicted A* in maths, physics, product design, EPQ and A in further maths. Very difficult ucas cycle this year with aero I'm mostly unsuccessful :frown:
Original post by katiejaan
I also got rejected predicted A* in maths, physics, product design, EPQ and A in further maths. Very difficult ucas cycle this year with aero I'm mostly unsuccessful :frown:

Crazy! If 4A* and 3A*+EPQ-A* applicants get rejected, who the hell better qualified you folks would get in there? :confused:
Super rigged this year! Maybe 40%+ sort of reserved for private schools. Welcome to the posh British establishment!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending