Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Congratulations, when did you apply?

mid october
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by user188382
Does anyone know whether any rejections/ acceptances have been given out within the last few days??

Hi - i think if you look back through the thread there have been some of both...
how does Bristol compare with Durham for law ?
Original post by AliceMh88
Did anyone else get that email saying that they was still on hold? I got put on hold a few months back so the email is just reaffirming that

I had the same !! So annoying, I just want to know already
Original post by Tserge t
Got an offer for law on Monday with lnat score of 21.

Congrats! Mind sharing your predicted grades/ GCSE?

I’m predicted AAA and I need AAA but I know a girl who needed A*AA for neuroscience and is predicted A*A*A and got rejected so I’m really scared. What are you predicted? Also do you know anyone with an offer ?

predicted A*A*A*
GCSE : 888887776
Lnat : 21
Have offer from Exeter, York and Bristol for law. Rejected from Cambridge and waiting to hear from Durham.
Tbh I thought my Lnat score wouldn't be enough but i guess it is only 1/3 of the application, alongside personal statement and predicted/achieved grades and perhaps my essay was pretty good.
Good luck !
Hi! I'm thinking of calling Bristol admissions to request to get a decision before may (as I have exams then and reallyyyy don't want the extra stress), and also ask whether they could consider me for an english course if I don't make it into the Law LLB course.
Can anyone tell me if this is a good or bad idea? I've been told it's fine but that asking about English may make me seem less passionate about law, but imo most law students equally enjoy English and I can always do a law conversion after
Just spoke with Bristol admissions after getting rejected for Business Marketing and a year abroad course. Apparently there’s no more places left in Business management nor marketing, a few spaces left in Accounting and Management so I asked them to consider me for that just to see.
Original post by joonieboongie
Just spoke with Bristol admissions after getting rejected for Business Marketing and a year abroad course. Apparently there’s no more places left in Business management nor marketing, a few spaces left in Accounting and Management so I asked them to consider me for that just to see.

I'm thinking of calling them too, did u straight up ask about places or did they just tell u?
I'm thinking of calling them too, did u straight up ask about places or did they just tell u?

I asked if there’s any alternative courses they could consider me for. I told them ones I was interested in which were all full up (marketing and management), I then asked if there’s any other possible courses and that’s when she said there’s still room in accounting.
predicted A*A*A*
GCSE : 888887776
Lnat : 21
Have offer from Exeter, York and Bristol for law. Rejected from Cambridge and waiting to hear from Durham.
Tbh I thought my Lnat score wouldn't be enough but i guess it is only 1/3 of the application, alongside personal statement and predicted/achieved grades and perhaps my essay was pretty good.
Good luck !

Still on hold...

Mine are
2 A*A,
GCSE 5(9), 5(8), 1(7), 1(A*),
lnat 23

So you have an extra A*, I have higher lnat and GCSE grades. You probably may have a stronger essay too.
But this gives me hope! 😁
Original post by Anna.louiise
I’m predicted AAA and I need AAA but I know a girl who needed A*AA for neuroscience and is predicted A*A*A and got rejected so I’m really scared. What are you predicted? Also do you know anyone with an offer ?

All depends on course I guess? This year is rubbish. .
We are a high birthrate year, and many have deferred from last year due to COVID and the inflated teacher assessed grades sage with unis over offering.

Anyway my friend has just been rejected with 2A*A for mech engineering ...they told him they only took on applicants with 3A* and full set of 9s this year.
how does Bristol compare with Durham for law ?

I applied to Durham for Politics and International relations and got my offer mid January but am still waiting for Bristol. Not quite law but i thought it might be helpful.
Is it worth calling to chase up my application? Been offered an alternative course and i accepted but I haven’t had any confirmation that I’m being considered for it ???
Is it worth calling to chase up my application? Been offered an alternative course and i accepted but I haven’t had any confirmation that I’m being considered for it ???

Yes call them, I've called twice recently and they were very helpful, is the course you've been offered very different to what you applied for?

which courses if you don't mind me asking? :smile: And yes i'd say no harm in calling
Reply 1597
has anyone had an offer for politics and international relations? i’ve had offers from manchester, kcl, bath and cardiff but nothing for bristol so far. i think i might email or call to chase it up
Original post by Reefie100
Yes call them, I've called twice recently and they were very helpful, is the course you've been offered very different to what you applied for?

I applied for social policy and politics and they said they asked do I want to but considered for just social policy. I just called them to confirm that they did actually know that I accepted it and I said that I was worried about having to stress about uni whilst my exams are starting etc..and she reassured me that they’d reply in the next few weeks and if they haven’t, then I should call again 😊
which courses if you don't mind me asking? :smile: And yes i'd say no harm in calling

I applied for social policy and politics and they emailed me about being considered for social policy. They said that my application didn’t rank as highly as other applicants, which I’m not surprised about because it’s really competitive this year. Hopefully an alternative course is a good sign but I’m not sure haha.. fingers crossed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending