The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Official University of Bristol 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi; I've seen that some people after being rejected call up and ask for an alternative course that has vacancies and actually manage to get an offer. Does anyone know how exactly to go about this?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
if anyone is going to apply for dentistry could you give me some advice pls I want to apply next year :smile:
Original post by helloiambored
if anyone is going to apply for dentistry could you give me some advice pls I want to apply next year :smile:

Only apply to Bristol for dentistry if you get a high ucat score
Original post by Anonymous
Got rejected from Politics and Sociology on Tues. Absolutely shattered after waiting for so long to hear from there - without sounding cocky I genuinely thought I was a really strong applicant, but I guess not!! The thing that stings the most for me is that whilst I had AAB predicted (the offer grades), I know I could have been predicted higher... I really struggled with my MH in year 12 which held me back from getting the predicted grades that are more reflective of my potential (I hope to achieve A*AA in the real thing). So whilst I'm still happy with the 2 offers I've received (was probably going to put the 2 I received down as my firm + insurance anyway ngl), it still sucks that I received 3 rejections when I know I could have done better :frown: Particularly cos I waited so long and started really getting my hopes up about Bristol!

When did you apply if you don’t mind? xx
Do you think there’s gonna be more rejections next week or acceptances for politics? Hoping acceptances now
Original post by violetgrace
Nope! still on hold!

same here, mind me asking your stats?
Hi; I've seen that some people after being rejected call up and ask for an alternative course that has vacancies and actually manage to get an offer. Does anyone know how exactly to go about this?

I got sent a email with a form to fill in, then they updated my ucas and I got an offer
Do you think there’s gonna be more rejections next week or acceptances for politics? Hoping acceptances now

Same here I’m hoping that they have done the rejections now first so acceptances will start to come out now they have made more decisions on who isn’t getting in
Original post by annaw328
I got sent a email with a form to fill in, then they updated my ucas and I got an offer

Ah ok thank you for replying :smile:
Did u send them an email asking for an alternative course or did they just offer one? Also which courses if u don"t mind?
Original post by Imifd
Same here I’m hoping that they have done the rejections now first so acceptances will start to come out now they have made more decisions on who isn’t getting in

I really hope so although idk if that’s how it works !!! 🤞🤞 Fingers crossed for everyone who wants a place
is there a spreadsheet for Bristol if so can someone send me the link please
Original post by Imifd

I applied for Philosophy and Politics in early January and was only just put on hold early this month, haven't been rejected so fingers crossed we've got in!
(edited 2 years ago)

I think it’s on page 81 near the bottom??

It’s on page 78 I think
Ah ok thank you for replying :smile:
Did u send them an email asking for an alternative course or did they just offer one? Also which courses if u don"t mind?

it was medicine, and they emailed me offering it. I then applied for cellular and molecular medicine and got an offer for that instead
anyone heard anything today?
Original post by Rebeccarum

No! I'm getting nervous now ...
just got rejected for politics and economics. predicted A*A*AA and i had been on hold for almost four months. they said my application did not rank as highly as other applicants, which is weird because i got into kings. good luck to u all tho!
No! I'm getting nervous now ...

Also still waiting to hear, I'm getting worried
Original post by Rebeccarum

Nope 🤷

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending