The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Driving into & parking in Bristol

I am planning to drive to and from Bristol bi-weekly and was wondering if anyone else was planning to drive there. Does anyone know anywhere in the city centre you can park it free of charge for extended periods of time?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am planning to drive to and from Bristol bi-weekly and was wondering if anyone else was planning to drive there. Does anyone know anywhere in the city centre you can park it free of charge for extended periods of time?

Parking in Bristol is a nightmare.

Bristol City Council has a map of the residents parking zones at https://www.bristol.gov.uk/parking/map-of-scheme-areas -- and as you'll see that covers the whole of the city centre (as well as the area around the university). You simply aren't going to be able to find anywhere that you can park for free for any significant period of time.

I'd say that if you don't have somewhere you can park, forget taking a car into Bristol city centre.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Driving and parking in central Bristol is awful. There is nowhere free to park in the centre of town - the big multi-stories cost anything close to £25 a day and on-street meters just eat your money. You will spend half your life looking for somewhere to park, and then the rest of it with one eye on your watch to spot when you next need to stuff more money into a meter. General advice abour dring and parking in central Bristol - just don't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending