The Student Room Group

failure in REAL driving test

Hello. I failed my driving test. I knew i had failed it as soon as the examiner was taking me to an unfamiliar route. I didn't expect this at all as i have never come in here before. My instructor asked me at the end where I went...I was shocked and confused bcs i never came here and didn't have the guts to say it.

What can i do now because I've never been to that route so it confused me and ended up failing. Should i change instructors because he was supposed to take me there but also my fault too for not being aware
Reply 1
Please respond to me. I need help.
Reply 2
Did you ask your instructor about the route? My test route wasn't one I'd driven with my instructor, it was a different car and there was a change in the weather that left me driving in pouring rain, which I hadn't done before. However, if you can't cope with the unexpected, how are you going to cope with driving on your own?
Reply 3
Good grief, its not your driving instructors fault that the test examiner chose a different route to ask you to drive for your test. The examiner can ask you to drive anywhere, they are looking to see how well you drive.

Its clear you were not ready and you should take this as a positive, far better to fail you than pass you before you are ready and you end up in an accident. Take more lessons, get more practice and you could well pass the next time and be more confident next time. FYI i passed my test on the third attempt, on reflection i wasn:t ready the previous times, Good luck next time.
I don't recall if I did any test routes prior to taking mine. The test is to see if you're safe enough to be on the roads unsupervised, not that you're comfortable going one way. It's certainly not your instructors fault. Book another test and keep taking lessons.
You shouldn't be learning just to pass the test, you should learn to drive on any road. Forget preset routes, you need to learn to drive on roads without instruction from your tutor. Maybe practice that.

Also remember, the best drivers are those who pass on the second attempt. Good luck.
Reply 6
So what if you went down unexpected routes. I did that and I still passed. I'm going down expected routes everyday.

You don't have the confidence in passing yet, practice more.
Original post by Faultybot
So what if you went down unexpected routes. I did that and I still passed. I'm going down expected routes everyday.

You don't have the confidence in passing yet, practice more.

I had a similar situation with parking, my instructor took me to the car park where they usualy test people on to practice, yet in my test my examiner told me to do the parking in a place id never been. I just had to adapt and did it successfully.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending