The Student Room Group

How exactly do I get an official ''translated document''

Kind of stressing, Class starts the 20th of this month and the past 3months has been a back and forth trying to get my application finally validated by unis after countless emails.

one requirmenent I was asked was to send any certificates/degrees in which I did, however it being a different language then English they are aksing for a translated copy, I translated myself, but that doesn't count.

I have no idea where to go with this, how the hell do I begin to know how to get an ''official'' translated copy of my certificate?

On top of that unfortunately I cannot get one from the school in which I got the degree from since it was shut down.

Wtf do I do? I looked up online but I dont even know if those sites are legit and ''official'' dont mind the time it may take.

I got two weeks to finally be accpeted and finally book my plane ticket to settle down and start my studies, its becoming frustratingly stressfull with them taking a few days each time to reply to my sent emails with Questions/ Documents.

I just dont get why the hassle of needing my degree certficate to be 'officially' translated as having it in native language is not enough apparently... WHY?

What do?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by AnonFromEu
I just dont get why the hassle of needing my degree certficate to be 'officially' translated as having it in native language is not enough apparently... WHY?

What do?

This is standard practice. The admissions team at your uni may not have native speakers of your language and they need to verify your degree results. They can't do that from your original documents, (although they need to see those too), and a translation completed by yourself could say anything.

If we look at the info on this website, (this is a random third party, i am NOT endorsing them):

https://www.londontranslations.co.uk/guides-on-translation/differences-between-certified-and-notarised-translation/

"Certified translation simply means that a document’s translator is a qualified professional, and has included a signed declaration confirming this. A translation can be certified if produced under one of three conditions: when the document has been translated by an “official translator”, when the document has been certified by the translator or translation company, or when the document was signed in front of a solicitor or notary. Certified translations should include the translator’s name, signature, contact information, and the date of the translation.

Outside the UK, each country tends to have its own list of official translators who should be called for certified translations. These translators will have been appointed by the government in order to control the quality of the translations. For example, in Spain, official translators are appointed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who must include their own unique seal with each translation submitted."

So you need to google official translation services in your country and make sure that they are officially endorsed.
Reply 2
Thanks for the fast reply.

**** sake I guess, I did send all my previous documents, portfolio etc beforehand which were all validated and good.
Its just annoying that they are making a hassle out of this one. Furthermore I guess I have to book and appointment and pay on top of that to get it translated.
Very annoying.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi! How are you doing? Any foreign legal document must have a notarized translation before it goes to a conclusion. When I was sending my certificates, I addressed a professional translation service https://isaccurate.com/translation-services-nyc. I was surprised by how many firms are out there and how fast they are ready to do the work. I hope you have already solved the issue and can attend classes now.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by BerH
Hi! How are you doing? Any foreign legal document must have a notarized translation before it goes to a conclusion. When I was sending my certificates, I addressed a professional translation service https://isaccurate.com/translation-services-nyc. I was surprised by how many firms are out there and how fast they are ready to do the work. I hope you have already solved the issue and can attend classes now.

Hello, I got my documented officially translated by an orginisation all from the computer.

Sent it was confirmed etc.

Latest