The Student Room Group

Extenuating Circumstances in Uni

Hello,
My question is, I applied for an extenuating circumstances for deadline extension, however the evidence I have supplied is from another country, an in a different language (not in english)...
Is there a change they will call the place to confirm if it is true or not?

The evidence has an authorised stamp and everything, it is just in a different language...
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
My question is, I applied for an extenuating circumstances for deadline extension, however the evidence I have supplied is from another country, an in a different language (not in english)...

The evidence has an authorised stamp and everything, it is just in a different language...

Hi!

I'm not quite sure whether they'll consider it or not as it depends on how they comprehend it or the university's policy. But you should've translated it and stamped it from the place where it came from. Then, you wouldn't have to worry now. So, for now, let's hope everything goes alright. Or you can get a translated copy by the time they review it so that you can give it to the university in case they want it.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
This isn't unusual and as the onus is on you to provide supporting evidence, you should be trying to get a translation in case they reject you for insufficient evidence.
Hello,

In regards to your situation, it's important to remember that different institutions and organizations have their own policies and procedures when it comes to reviewing extenuating circumstances and verifying evidence. While I cannot provide a definitive answer on whether or not they will call the place to confirm the authenticity of the evidence, I can offer some general advice:

Be transparent: Clearly communicate with the relevant authority or person handling your extenuating circumstances request. Inform them about the situation regarding the evidence being in a different language and emphasize that it is authorized and legitimate.

Provide a translation: To assist the review process, consider providing a translated version of the evidence along with the original document. This will make it easier for them to understand the content and verify its authenticity.

Seek assistance if needed: If you are concerned about the language barrier impacting the credibility of your evidence, you could consult with a language professional or a certified translator who can attest to the accuracy of the translation and provide additional context if necessary.

Keep documentation organized: Make sure to keep copies of all documents you submit and any communication related to your extenuating circumstances request. This will help you if there are any further inquiries or concerns that arise.

Follow up: If you don't hear back within a reasonable time frame, it may be worth reaching out to inquire about the progress of your request. Stay proactive and show your commitment to resolving the matter.

Remember, each situation is unique, and the response you receive may vary depending on the policies and practices of the institution or organization involved. It's always best to be prepared, transparent, and cooperative to increase your chances of a positive outcome.

Good luck!

- Harry
Hello,

Hello,

Your best back-up would be to obtain an official translated copy of your evidence, as your university will most likely ask for it.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Reply 5
Hello,

Talk to your department's admin staff. Ask if what you've got will be accepted as is, or whether you'll need to get an official translation done. There's no sense in spending money on getting a transation done if it's not required. In some cases, the people who deal with such things may have sufficient skills in the language concerned to understand the document well enough that a translation might not be needed,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending