The Student Room Group

University of Leeds A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

I just got rejected pre-interview
GCSEs 13 A*s
Predicted A levels A*A*A*A
BMAT 4, 3.6, 3A with special cons due to technical difficulties (lost 15 mins of time)
Reason for rejection: Your overall academic score was not high enough to be shortlisted for interview.

I’m quite confused as this doesn’t make much sense to me with my GCSEs and predicted A levels
Reply 1181
Original post by sandycamera
I just got rejected pre-interview
GCSEs 13 A*s
Predicted A levels A*A*A*A
BMAT 4, 3.6, 3A with special cons due to technical difficulties (lost 15 mins of time)
Reason for rejection: Your overall academic score was not high enough to be shortlisted for interview.

I’m quite confused as this doesn’t make much sense to me with my GCSEs and predicted A levels

The reason for my rejection was the same as yours
Original post by Username_deleted
They gave you a reason? That's amazing. With me they gave the world's most generic response that didn't apply. I'm so mad at myself for wasting my place on Leeds

They copy pasted all the information and then said we can't give you a specific reason. But then highlighted that part.

Maybe the requirements were higher this year? One of the people from Undergrad got in last year even though they had a low BMAT score, average GCSE and 2:1 for their degree. (They just told me as a way to reassure me, not at all saying they didn't deserve it).

Edit: low BMAT scores meaning 3.1 3.2 etc.
(edited 2 years ago)
Just been rejected from Leeds too before interview, they just gave me the same generated response and didn’t include a reason for rejection either. Really disheartened by this as my stats aren’t bad at all and it just feels like they’ve gone through however many applications and rejected everyone else left over? not sure though
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1184
I agree felt like I wasted a choice because they took ages to send the rejection aswell
Reply 1185
Sorry to hear of so many applicants with excellent academics rejected pre interview, presumably due to results in BMAT which felt random this year. Leeds always does things oddly - in 2019 they did their usual thing of needing almost full marks in the scoring algorithm, including GSCEs, then didn't over-offer enough, so on results day accepted lots of people with AAB/ABB. They seem to set a very high bar and then academic results don't matter that much anyway!
Original post by TCL
Sorry to hear of so many applicants with excellent academics rejected pre interview, presumably due to results in BMAT which felt random this year. Leeds always does things oddly - in 2019 they did their usual thing of needing almost full marks in the scoring algorithm, including GSCEs, then didn't over-offer enough, so on results day accepted lots of people with AAB/ABB. They seem to set a very high bar and then academic results don't matter that much anyway!

So did leeds do clearing for medicine or foundation medicine in 2019?
So they did clearing for foundation medicine course do you think they’ll do it this year?
Is the waiting list the people they rejected for the foundation medicine course?
When do you get to know if the uni will be going to clearing for medicine or not?
Has anyone heard anything offers wise today? Genuinely thought people would start hearing back this week...
So I should ask the unis at 5th of July if they would be doing clearing for medicine and get the numbers ready?
Original post by R2603H
Has anyone heard anything offers wise today? Genuinely thought people would start hearing back this week...

nope not as yet :/ I’m hoping we’ll hear back next week latest
Original post by R2603H

maybee they start sending them from tomorrow??? wishful thinking loll
Does anyone know how long it takes Leeds to change the UCAS after they sent out the rejection? I want to firm my other offer!
I’m guessing there is no interview for it on results day? Do they ask you for UCAT or BMAT score etc or just your a level grades?
Original post by nat_acmed
Does anyone know how long it takes Leeds to change the UCAS after they sent out the rejection? I want to firm my other offer!

just withdrew it yourself on UCAS - also better emotionally because you rejected them not them rejecting you
Do all medicine clearing unis do interviews on results day even for gateway medicine?
Original post by Babyabz1
just withdrew it yourself on UCAS - also better emotionally because you rejected them not them rejecting you

Hahahah love that
Reply 1199
so did anyone get an interview in the last 4 days? or did they reject everyone who had not heard yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending