The Student Room Group

Oxford Geography Applicants 2022

Hi everyone!!

I’m applying to study Geography at Oxford and wanted to make a thread for us to discuss stuff!

College:
GCSEs:
A Levels:

How are you feeling about the TSA/your application?

I’ll do first :smile:

College: St Catherine’s
GCSEs: 13 A*s 1 A (including resits)
A Levels: A*AA achieved with A* in epq

I’m feeling OK about the TSA - pretty daunting to be honest!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi so I'm wondering if anyone knows a safe score to aim for for geography at Oxford?

I know to try as hard as possible regardless, but I'm hearing a lot of conflicting information- the PPE and EM lot are pushing for late 30s+/50 which is 70+. The 2017 scores for geog were mid30s but I think late 20s are fine. Mostly I think to aim for 30s/50 is about right. Then today I've read it's mid 20s+/50, in which case I can panic a lot less. Basically looking to know whether I can go in with my ability and be confident.

So does anyone know what the target TSA scores for this year are likely to be for geography?
Reply 2
Original post by Holly_Si
Hi so I'm wondering if anyone knows a safe score to aim for for geography at Oxford?

I know to try as hard as possible regardless, but I'm hearing a lot of conflicting information- the PPE and EM lot are pushing for late 30s+/50 which is 70+. The 2017 scores for geog were mid30s but I think late 20s are fine. Mostly I think to aim for 30s/50 is about right. Then today I've read it's mid 20s+/50, in which case I can panic a lot less. Basically looking to know whether I can go in with my ability and be confident.

So does anyone know what the target TSA scores for this year are likely to be for geography?

It’s entirely unpredictable what the score required will be to be honest - despite needing 59/30s in 2017, people have got better at the TSA, so my personal aim at the minute is to ensure I get at least 35 in each paper, but i’d guess 32/33 would be where the cutoff will sit, but that’s just educated guess work.

What college have you applied to? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Holly_Si
Brasenose, what about you?

Yeah the 2017 paper went the best out of all of them for me, and I've been feeling really positive about the TSA doing the later tests as I've started to get that and above, but just done the 2013 and my results are back to not looking good. Have you done that one? Feel like that was a tough year.

Yeah i’ve done a few with scores ranging from an overall score of 62 to 74 in 2020 paper so has been really up and down.

I’m applying to Catz! What made you choose Brasenose? I think they are lovely homely college, and the stats weren’t too bad last year!

What are your GCSEs/predicted grades out of interest?
(edited 2 years ago)
Wow well that is consistently brilliant well done!

It seems perfect and I would so love to be there, it's pretty and old, very central, admits 8 undergrads for geography p/a and seems like a really nice place. What about Catz? I've heard like everyone who goes all say it's great.

GCSEs on the 8s and 9s (2020) and A-levels (2022) predicted at 3 A*s. I think an interview is something I'd actually really look forward to doing, so I think my application will come down to the TSA going well...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending