The Student Room Group

MPhil Economics Oxford

Hi guys,

So, I am thinking of applying to Oxford for a MPhil in Economics for September 2024, but I am not sure I have a chance of getting in.

I graduated in 2022 with a B.S. in Economics from Eastern Mediterranean University with a 3.87/4.0

For my core Macroeconomics and Microeconomics courses, I had grade A's. Both my Mathematics (1 & 2) and Statistics (1 & 2) courses I had A's as well. For my mathematical economics course I got a B+, and for my econometrics I got an A-.

The reason I am unsure is because the university I attended for my undergrad is ranked in the top 700 and I haven't been in school since Feb 2022. Thoughts?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

So, I am thinking of applying to Oxford for a MPhil in Economics for September 2024, but I am not sure I have a chance of getting in.

I graduated in 2022 with a B.S. in Economics from Eastern Mediterranean University with a 3.87/4.0

For my core Macroeconomics and Microeconomics courses, I had grade A's. Both my Mathematics (1 & 2) and Statistics (1 & 2) courses I had A's as well. For my mathematical economics course I got a B+, and for my econometrics I got an A-.

The reason I am unsure is because the university I attended for my undergrad is ranked in the top 700 and I haven't been in school since Feb 2022. Thoughts?

You wont know unless you try. I would suggest you apply to several options:

Cambridge, Oxford, UCL, Durham, LSE, York, Southampton, LSE etc.
i hope Oxford accepts your application :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Wired_1800
You wont know unless you try. I would suggest you apply to several options:

Cambridge, Oxford, UCL, Durham, LSE, York, Southampton, LSE etc.

Thanks. I'll give those a go as well
Reply 4
Original post by beautifulworld
i hope Oxford accepts your application :smile:

Thank you 🙂
Has anybody heard anything yet?
Yeah I have an offer
Original post by Anonymous #3
Yeah I have an offer

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing what your background is and your timeline for applying/hearing back?
Has anybody heard anything?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Yeah I have an offer
I have an offer too but haven’t seen the conditions yet, what have they asked for?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Has anybody heard anything?
I have an offer, got the email today :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending