The Student Room Group

GCSE History Coursework Essay

Hi!

I am doing my GCSE History Coursework essay and I had a few general questions!

So I know I have to write 2000 words but...

1) How many paragraphs do I need to roughly write (if assessing significance)?
2) What font size do I do?
3) How much is roughly 2000 words (likes sides) ?

If anyone could just answer those then that would be great so I don't over plan to much and end up writing like 8 pages cause I could write loads for my question 😂😂

Thank you !!!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by rj1.706
Hi!

I am doing my GCSE History Coursework essay and I had a few general questions!

So I know I have to write 2000 words but...

1) How many paragraphs do I need to roughly write (if assessing significance)?
2) What font size do I do?
3) How much is roughly 2000 words (likes sides) ?

If anyone could just answer those then that would be great so I don't over plan to much and end up writing like 8 pages cause I could write loads for my question 😂😂

Thank you !!!!!!

It's difficult to state explicitly how many paragraphs you need to write for your GCSE History coursework which is 2,000 words long, but I believe you would also need to include references via footnotes (check with your teacher).

I would say a font size of either 11 or 12 would suffice - the latter would probably be better and consider using double line spacing to make your coursework easier to read.

As a very rough guide, I would say for your coursework, you may be looking at around 3-4 PEEL paragraphs at least and ensure that you cover COPRU (Context, Origin, Purpose, Reliability, and Usefulness) or whatever acronym you've been taught to use. But again, it's very hard to say - I think by the end, you'll realise that 2,000 words isn't really a lot of words.
Reply 2
Original post by JT_888
It's difficult to state explicitly how many paragraphs you need to write for your GCSE History coursework which is 2,000 words long, but I believe you would also need to include references via footnotes (check with your teacher).

I would say a font size of either 11 or 12 would suffice - the latter would probably be better and consider using double line spacing to make your coursework easier to read.

As a very rough guide, I would say for your coursework, you may be looking at around 3-4 PEEL paragraphs at least and ensure that you cover COPRU (Context, Origin, Purpose, Reliability, and Usefulness) or whatever acronym you've been taught to use. But again, it's very hard to say - I think by the end, you'll realise that 2,000 words isn't really a lot of words.

thank you, this was still helpful !!

Quick Reply

Latest