The Student Room Group

Resitting a levels

So I want to resit my a levels I did really bad on my results and I did history, psych and English lit.

Im swapping out either history or English literature with sociology because I did it at gcse and it's not that different to a level sociology. But I'm not sure which one to swap with because with history coursework I get Es but I can get an A* with exams (current exams I didn't do well due to personal circumstances) and with English literature I get at least B with coursework but when it comes to writing essays I've never ever gotten above a C. So I'm so confused on what to swap sociology out for? I could just entirely scrap the two subjects and do business studies? But I'm not really sure. Could I have some advice please thank you but I'd have to self teach myself business studies?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
I mean it depends what you want to do in the future. If your saying you want to scrap both History and English Literature for Business Studies, it seems like your choosing a completely different career plan. So you should align the subjects you plan to do with what you want to do in the future.

If you are planning to resit the subject you didn't well before, as you mentioned History coursework or English Literature written exams then you should go over the big mistakes and correct them and work on the weakness that was letting you down. Of course on top of this, you also got to revise and stay up to date with content, do past paper exams, ask for help from close friends you trust and know they are capable or from your teachers and utilise the internet.

I cannot comment on self teaching, since I never done it. It probably sounds self explanatory but I am probably not the best to take advice from that.

All the best.
Reply 2
Original post by KH29
I mean it depends what you want to do in the future. If your saying you want to scrap both History and English Literature for Business Studies, it seems like your choosing a completely different career plan. So you should align the subjects you plan to do with what you want to do in the future.

If you are planning to resit the subject you didn't well before, as you mentioned History coursework or English Literature written exams then you should go over the big mistakes and correct them and work on the weakness that was letting you down. Of course on top of this, you also got to revise and stay up to date with content, do past paper exams, ask for help from close friends you trust and know they are capable or from your teachers and utilise the internet.

I cannot comment on self teaching, since I never done it. It probably sounds self explanatory but I am probably not the best to take advice from that.

All the best.

The course I want to do at uni only requires me to do psych so the other two subjects don't really matter. I just need the grades for it, so im trying to do something easier to get the grades.

thank you so much.
Reply 3
Original post by amoredevil
The course I want to do at uni only requires me to do psych so the other two subjects don't really matter. I just need the grades for it, so im trying to do something easier to get the grades.

thank you so much.

Can't you just resit psychology alone?
Reply 4
Well I need ABB and I'm far from that with my current results, I think I'll just do history. Because even with my crap coursework I managed to scrape a D considering I did miss a 30 marker and a 25 marker.

Original post by KH29
Can't you just resit psychology alone?

Quick Reply

Latest