The Student Room Group

History coursework

My coursework is: “The oppressive nature of the Stalinist regime has differed only in degree rather than the principle from other Russian regimes.” How valid is this view in the context of the period of 1881-1991?
I need to include two historian perspectives and I have chosen Figues and Service. I need to know how these two historians views differ over Stalin. It is fair to say they both agree that Stalin the most oppressive in terms of scale of the terror but does anyone know how their opinions over this may slightly differ? When I google this I keep seeing details about their feud over fake Amazon book reviews which is unhelpful and not linked to my essay.
Focus on those two only. Research online and make some short summary notes as well. If typing up on a personal laptop then just make sure to write up the whole history essay in black font only. Also it is a good idea to use the class notes as another source of fodder for your history coursework essay. Ignore the unhelpful negatively toned comments etc however on Amazon. See if you can find some more relevant details on their own opinions too online and always remember to either quote or summarise the information from the internet website in question.
Read beyond the lines of the coursework question in addition. At the bottom of your coursework history essay in a footer box include a short list of all of your online reference sources which were used for the task in case they want to see proof. Good luck to you. My final top tip is to use the number of marks given as a loose guide when it comes to essay preparation etc. In other and rather more simpler words I would plan your whole entire response to the question solely based on the total number of marks that are awarded overall.
Consider the sort of skills being tested. For example I know that coursework essay questions pretty always assess your reading and writing ability plus the crucial ability to pick out key details and the very important key skill of memorising lots of details independently is being secretly evaluated here most likely.
Examiners want to know what you can do. So take that into account when drafting your history essay. Make sure to print off two copies for feedback purposes and always do save your work. Be sure to not waffle on and on. Stay concise and focused on your essay. Aim for four concisely done paragraphs that form the bulk of your essay and one needs to introduce the coursework topic to the readers.
One more piece of important advice for you which is to completely ensure that the entire history essay ebbs and flows rather smoothly like a mild mannered stream. Ensure it also makes sense. Provide lots of real life definitions and many different solid examples throughout your whole history coursework essay in order to lend far more weight to your coursework essay. Build up your history essay using your class notes to try to help you to design your history essay. Treat the whole thing as if you would do for a real mock exam paper. Check over your history essay for any spelling mistakes and ensure it actually answers the original coursework question.
Original post by James Jobling
My coursework is: “The oppressive nature of the Stalinist regime has differed only in degree rather than the principle from other Russian regimes.” How valid is this view in the context of the period of 1881-1991?
I need to include two historian perspectives and I have chosen Figues and Service. I need to know how these two historians views differ over Stalin. It is fair to say they both agree that Stalin the most oppressive in terms of scale of the terror but does anyone know how their opinions over this may slightly differ? When I google this I keep seeing details about their feud over fake Amazon book reviews which is unhelpful and not linked to my essay.

Have you read any books or articles by Figes and Service?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by James Jobling

Hi, ive just started yr13 and we're beginning our history coursework on Russia, so when searching for a question, I found yours very interesting to write my coursework on. my teacher has given me a book with primary sources yet I'm struggling to find good points. i would like to get top marks on this coursework as I got an A in my AS year but I cant seem to get sustainable points to use that cover the 100 years. can you please help me in any aspect of this essay, whether regarding the structure, some points that you could help me research and more.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending