The Student Room Group

Are my grades enough for durham?

GCSES: 8877776666
predicted: A*AA +pending EPQ

Personal statement:
- cambridge essay competition on French Revolution
- conducted survey to reveal biases in history + related it to Henry Kissinger + Cambodia / Vietnam War
- 2 books i’ll talk about
- history coursework on Kissinger
- visiting museums
= relate everything to the power or weakness of the masses throughout human history
- helping year 5s with outreach program
- assisting in y9 history lessons
- work experience with local MP
- hopefully work experience at a museum
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Why are you asking TSR, when Durham will directly tell you what the requirements are?
Assuming you meet the typical offer, yes, it's likely you'll be considered and that's about as much as anyone can tell you.

NB. You are likely spreading yourself too thin trying to cover all that with your PS.
Reply 3
Original post by isobelharris06
GCSES: 8877776666
predicted: A*AA pending EPQ

Personal statement:
- cambridge essay competition on French Revolution
- conducted survey to reveal biases in history related it to Henry Kissinger Cambodia / Vietnam War
- 2 books i’ll talk about
- history coursework on Kissinger
- visiting museums
= relate everything to the power or weakness of the masses throughout human history
- year 5 outreach program
- assisting in y9 history lessons
- work experience with local MP
- hopefully work experience at a museum

Yes you have great stats you certainly have a good chance. If you are running out of space on your personal statement maybe drop the year 5 outreach program as it is sort of irrelevant as it was so long ago and the visiting museums if you are going to talk about work experience at a museum anyway
(edited 9 months ago)
OP's grades including predicted grades are about at the lower/bottom end of what's likely to pass muster but they're within the acceptable range. I'd be tempted to strike out at least two of the proposed PS items.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending