The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

personal statement for bath uni

Hi,

I am applying for PPE at most of my choices except Bath university, where I want to apply for International Development with Economics.
I have mentioned some international development but the bulk of my statement is philosophy, politics and economics related.

Does anyone know whether bath is picky when it comes to personal statements, i.e. could I be rejected on the basis of my personal statement not being purely international development and economics? Or would they ask for an additional personal statement, considering international development is not a widely offered degree at other universities

Sorry if I rambled
Original post by Anonymous
Or would they ask for an additional personal statement,

Yes - Bath will allow this, so just wait until you have actually applied and email the Admissions office.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Hi,

Great to hear you are applying to Bath!

Don't worry too much- if after reading your Personal Statement the course selector believes a second personal statement more geared towards International Development with Economics is required they will contact you directly.

Best of luck with your applications! Please feel free to ask any more questions you might have.

Kayley
Final Year Business Student
Reply 3
Original post by University of Bath
Hi,

Great to hear you are applying to Bath!

Don't worry too much- if after reading your Personal Statement the course selector believes a second personal statement more geared towards International Development with Economics is required they will contact you directly.

Best of luck with your applications! Please feel free to ask any more questions you might have.

Kayley
Final Year Business Student

Thank you!

For reference to anyone seeing this thread in the future. I did end up applying for int. development with a PPE personal statement, and I received an offer without them asking for a second personal statement :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you!

For reference to anyone seeing this thread in the future. I did end up applying for int. development with a PPE personal statement, and I received an offer without them asking for a second personal statement :smile:

That is great news - congratulations on your offer!

Do let us know if you have any questions about the University of Bath :smile:

Leah
Final Year Chemical Engineering

Quick Reply

Latest