The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

xinolisss
Well, the A level was in Spanish, but I am not semi-native, I am 100% completely born chinese, nevertheless, I have been living in Spain for a long time :biggrin:

I know, but it's not called cheating...

I know I know, congratulations! You did great. :yep:
I've spent at least 8 months of my life in various parts of Spain, all on 3day/1week/2week holidays. :p: And yet I still know barely any Spanish! :shifty:
Reply 81
Not me, waste of energy. I like free periods.
Reply 82
Mijdge
I suppose technically I've done... 10? But that was over 2 years (after retaking Year 12), and I came out with ABBCCDDDEU. :smile: And a lot of extra UCAS points..

OMG!!

:eek: :eek:

wot was all ur subjects? were they proper subjects or lik them 1s that dont count 4 anyfing?

cause in northern ireland (or all the schools around me anyway) we dont do critical thinking, general studies, citizenshipetc etc
AnonyMatt
I know I know, congratulations! You did great. :yep:
I've spent at least 8 months of my life in various parts of Spain, all on 3day/1week/2week holidays. :p: And yet I still know barely any Spanish! :shifty:

Well, yes to be honest with you, Spanish was easy for me... I did the AEA the following year and got the distinction with top 10 in the world for it, so... Spanish don't count... still that leaves 5 A levels... 4A and a B. But as far as Universities are concerned, since I look Chinese on paper, I have 6 A levels, 2 AS levels and 2 AEAs... :biggrin: :biggrin: Better for me right?
xinolisss
Well, yes to be honest with you, Spanish was easy for me... I did the AEA the following year and got the distinction with top 10 in the world for it, so... Spanish don't count... still that leaves 5 A levels... 4A and a B. But as far as Universities are concerned, since I look Chinese on paper, I have 6 A levels, 2 AS levels and 2 AEAs... :biggrin: :biggrin: Better for me right?

Sad about your chemistry paper being lost though. And you're cheating again - one of your ASs is maths, and you did the full A level with another board! :p:

I have not been profile-stalking you by the way. :yep:

I'm all excited about Spanish now. :biggrin: It's such a sexy language. French should stop being such an attention whore in the language department!
AnonyMatt
Sad about your chemistry paper being lost though. And you're cheating again - one of your ASs is maths, and you did the full A level with another board! :p:

Well, it's not really called cheating is it? I mean, I didn't want to get into the fuss of form fillings with Edexcel, because I wanted to do Further Maths with them, so I decided to drop the A level course with CIE that I was doing at the moment and do A level Edexcel Maths starting from scratch by myself... That's perfectly fine to me :rolleyes:

Well, yeah, I'm still pretty pissed at that incident, but hey wtf can I do about it...

AnonyMatt

I have not been profile-stalking you by the way. :yep:

I'm all excited about Spanish now. :biggrin: It's such a sexy language. French should stop being such an attention whore in the language department!

Well, some people would disagree with you on that one. Some of the spanish girls, certainly my friends, thinks that the, with all due respect, gayish sounding french is sexier... I'd disagree though... Although Canarian Spanish is not the best of accents, if you can speak Spanish properly it's a good start if you know what I mean...:wink:
I 'only' took 1 A-level, picked up an AS, then took 1 accelerated A-level, 6 AS's, 1 AS retake and 1 AEA. That actually wasn't too hard, but I did OK overall, with some good and some disappointing. Then last year I continued 3 A-levels, picked up 1 A-level, retook 1 A-level, picked up 2 AS's, and retook 3 AS's. This year I'm only continuing with 4 A-levels, as well as picking up 1 (Further Maths - so nothing special), retaking 1, and taking an EPQ. At the moment, it's quite a lot of work, but not too much (then again, I didn't much for my Physics C/W and EPQ during term so it's my fault - but whatever...).
Reply 87
Gourdman
Oh, I thought you meant 7 in one year. And CT is like GS, doesn't really count, especially with one lesson a week. If we count everything then I did 7 (Maths, bio, chem, physics, electronics, GS, and CT a year early) but for most comparisons i just did 5.

Damned impressive to be able to do double maths AND French though. Don't know many people that can do arts AND sciences that well.

Nah 7 in a year would be impossible for me :eek: And thanks, but I didn't like French that much, I prefer the sciences, but I still love my Latin :biggrin: And nice one on the 7 ASes as well, pretty impressive as well (and all the sciences as well!) :smile:
xinolisss
Well, it's not really called cheating is it? I mean, I didn't want to get into the fuss of form fillings with Edexcel, because I wanted to do Further Maths with them, so I decided to drop the A level course with CIE that I was doing at the moment and do A level Edexcel Maths starting from scratch by myself... That's perfectly fine to me :rolleyes:

Well, yeah, I'm still pretty pissed at that incident, but hey wtf can I do about it...

Well, some people would disagree with you on that one. Some of the spanish girls, certainly my friends, thinks that the, with all due respect, gayish sounding french is sexier... I'd disagree though... Although Canarian Spanish is not the best of accents, if you can speak Spanish properly it's a good start if you know what I mean...:wink:

I think you did very well in maths! :p: I hope to pull off the same. I just wish I was with Edexcel though - stupid WJEC! :frown:

I certainly think Spanish is much sexier than French! I'm glad you agree. :p:
A Stranger in Moscow
(see Cambridges A B and C categories)

Where is this?
shyammi12456
Where is this?

I posted a link somewhere else in this thread, I think. If that fails, I think it's a Trinity College, Cambridge list. So...Look on their entry requirements.
shyammi12456
Where is this?

http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/requirements/index.html
Sroll down to the table...

Here's the Trinity specific list with A1, A2, B and C list

http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604
I take five. Mainly because I couldn't decide which to drop. They allowed me to due to my GCSE results, no problem.
Reply 93
I've just started taking five(Maths, further-maths, chemistry, physics, philosophy), so i've only had about 8 weeks experience, however at my Sixth form i've still got 4 free periods a week and barely seem to get any work. If I wanted to I could fit all the work I get in during the free periods and not have anything to do at home. As it is I do the work at home and spend the free periods in MacDonalds, so its not all work during the day.
Reply 94
I'll be taking 8. I took two ASs a year early, now I'm taking three this year (plus one A2), then I'll take 3 A2s with FM AS the year after. Then there's general studies and critical on top of that which the school makes you take.
Reply 95
It was compulsory to take 5 at the 6th form I'm at, albeit one was General Studies which we had to do so really we only to had to choose four. General Studies didn't add any extra work though so it was fine.
Reply 96
I take six, one of them being CT. CT only takes up two periods a week so it's not too bad!
Reply 97
Im taking 5 - biology, chemistry, physics, geography and general studies. at our school we have to do GS, i think the school gets money for every person that sits the exam? the work load is ok so far, but i hate GS, it's such a waste of my time, and the unis im looking at dont even accept it...! =(
Reply 98
I am doing 5 AS subjects, English Literature, Economics, Politics, History and Chemistry as well as the Welsh Bacc. It's OK so far though sometimes all the further reading is waay too stressful.
Reply 99
i did do 5 AS last year: maths, chemistry, ict, physics and critical thinking

Latest