The Student Room Group

The Applicant Chat thread

hey
just wondering if anyone knew when we got letters telling us if we'd got an interview.

I applied last year, but don't remeber when I got my letter. Just want to know (also because impatient) but mainly coz there's no-one living where the letter will be sent to at the moment

cheers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Late November, iirc.
Ahhh I still need to do my supplementary questionnaire
Reply 3
My email said 3rd week in november. Might vary a bit for different colleges.
Reply 4
I just received this:

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your application for a place on the Mathematics Tripos at King’s.
Please now go to http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/admissions/apply/applicantinfo.html which will take you to the “Applicant Information” section on our website. Here, you will find the information that you need for the next stages of the application process. You will need to read these documents carefully and ensure you take any action required on the sections that apply to you.
If you have not done so already, please ensure you complete your SAQ as soon as possible. Please note that no interviews can be arranged until we receive all applicant SAQs.
There is a tentative interview schedule on the above webpage. Individual interview times will be issued during the last half of November. Please note this cannot be made available any earlier.
If you have any difficulties accessing the information on this webpage, please do contact us at the details below. Please note, if your query can be answered via the documents on this webpage, replying to you will receive low priority.
Best wishes and good luck!

Does that mean I definitely have an interview, but date yet to be settled, or... does "Please note that no interviews can be arranged until we receive all applicant SAQs." mean that I still have to wait for a definite note on if I have an interview or not?
Reply 5
yodude888
Does that mean I definitely have an interview, but date yet to be settled, or... does "Please note that no interviews can be arranged until we receive all applicant SAQs." mean that I still have to wait for a definite note on if I have an interview or not?

It could be taken either way, but I'd read it as the former - they won't set a date until all the SAQs are in.
And if I remember correctly, I received the letter in mid to late November, and my interview was in early December.
Reply 6
yodude888
I just received this:

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your application for a place on the Mathematics Tripos at King’s.
Please now go to http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/admissions/apply/applicantinfo.html which will take you to the “Applicant Information” section on our website. Here, you will find the information that you need for the next stages of the application process. You will need to read these documents carefully and ensure you take any action required on the sections that apply to you.
If you have not done so already, please ensure you complete your SAQ as soon as possible. Please note that no interviews can be arranged until we receive all applicant SAQs.
There is a tentative interview schedule on the above webpage. Individual interview times will be issued during the last half of November. Please note this cannot be made available any earlier.
If you have any difficulties accessing the information on this webpage, please do contact us at the details below. Please note, if your query can be answered via the documents on this webpage, replying to you will receive low priority.
Best wishes and good luck!

I just found out which college I'd been given (homerton :redface:) and I just got the same email basically.
i think that that means we have interviews. i was told the interview date for my subject as well (11th December) and it also asked me to send two pieces of work.

Does this mean I have an interview? hey wouldnt be asking for all this work and dat protection shizzle if i didnt, surely?!
Reply 7
MayDay102
I just found out which college I'd been given (homerton :redface:) and I just got the same email basically.
i think that that means we have interviews. i was told the interview date for my subject as well (11th December) and it also asked me to send two pieces of work.

Does this mean I have an interview? hey wouldnt be asking for all this work and dat protection shizzle if i didnt, surely?!

I've been assuming that they ask for the same information from all candidates.

As the emails state, they cannot make decisions about interviews until all SAQs are received. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Hey guys, I'm applying to Robinson for Geography
I've received an acknowledgment with the SAQ which I am completing. We have half term here so I'm hoping to finish it by this weekend and then send it.
I would quite like the careers lady at school to look over my additional personal statement and just generally as well, we go back to school from half term on Tuesday 28th.... basically I was just wondering if it makes any difference when I send my SAQ to when I will get a response about interview?
I.e if I sent my SAQ now would I get an offer (hopefully) for interview sooner, or with more notice, than if I send it next week, after the careers lady checks it, where I would get less notification of an interview?

I'm just worrying a bit, so thanks for any feedback :smile:
Reply 9
I think everyone gets interview invitations at the same time, regardless of when the SAQ was sent.

Then again that's just a guess.
Reply 10
my interview was on dec 3rd and i think i only found out max 2 weeks before, i think about 10 days before...
i got a letter through from clare yesterday saying that the interviews will take place between the 6th and 17th. so, i assume i've got one.
^ I'm not sure, my friend keeps getting emails from her college about what to bring for interview/when they will be, but hasn't sent the SAQ or been given a time/place/date for interview....so she hasn't got one yet.
I received a letter from Clare College today, saying, among many other things:

We shall write to you again in November with full information about what you should expect if called for interview.
Adje
I received a letter from Clare College today, saying, among many other things:

We shall write to you again in November with full information about what you should expect if called for interview.

Yeah, saw that too. It's to be expected, seeing as the SAQ deadline hasn't even passed yet.

From what I remember of my friends' applications, it'll be a few weeks before we know if we've been chosen for interview.

What are you applying for, by the way? Only seen one other Clare app so far.
melquíades el gitano

What are you applying for, by the way? Only seen one other Clare app so far.

Maths, with Physics.

I doubt I'll get an offer. I doubt even more that I'd make it.
Reply 16
I got a letter detailing the times and date of my interviews for Mathematics :smile:
Reply 17
Which college did you apply to?
Reply 18
Trical
Which college did you apply to?

Christ's
Adje
Maths, with Physics.

I doubt I'll get an offer. I doubt even more that I'd make it.

pfffffffffttttttttt

Latest

Trending

Trending