The Student Room Group

Brooklyn 99 or friends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kentinho99
Don't be joking about that honestly to joke about the c word just don't even just don't

He isn't joking about cancer he's merely using an anecdote to convey his perspective? o.o
Original post by Ahjjjkkk
Brooklyn 99. I can’t tolerate the forced laugh track on friends

Me too. But that goes not for Friends only, but for almost every sitcom in general.
Original post by Bronfenbrennerzy
wait wht? I didn't know this.

Yeah, that was a wild time to be me.
B99 is strictly better/funnier, it's just unfortunate they chose copaganda as the vehicle for the comedy, because the actors and writers could've pulled it off in basically any other setting, it's aging pretty poorly as a result (hence their need to delay the final season to rewrite the whole thing in view of the George Floyd extrajudicial killing) :/
Original post by AmIReallyHere
He isn't joking about cancer he's merely using an anecdote to convey his perspective? o.o

No but comparing not watching a television show to a cancer scare is seriously not good. You can't compare the two it's just not right at all.
Friends 100 %
Original post by SBILTON20
Friends 100 %

You sir are 100% wrong.
Reply 27
I liked Friends better when it was on, but I find it hard to stomach reruns of it now. So I guess I'd say Friends back then, but 99 now.
Neither.
They are both ****.
Original post by Emma:-)
Neither.
They are both ****.

Then name some better alternatives instead of writing unreadable course words. I have an open mind for another TV series, and I am certainly not the only one.
Original post by Kallisto
Then name some better alternatives instead of writing unreadable course words. I have an open mind for another TV series, and I am certainly not the only one.

Trollied
My hero
Dinnerladies
Keeping up appearances
George and Mildred
Original post by Emma:-)
Trollied
My hero
Dinnerladies
Keeping up appearances
George and Mildred

I don't get involved with these names, but I will inform myself and if the TV shows sounds good, I give it a try.

Quick Reply

Latest