The Student Room Group

Is She A True Friend?

I made friends with a wonderful neighbour 4 years ago, but I'm not sure how good of a friend she really is. She's always so lovely to talk to and have a laugh with, I find it rewarding to talk to her every time I get a chance. However, I find myself going round to see her and she never knocks on my door and comes to see me. She has two children, which I assume takes up a lot of her time, although one of them is in college now so likely takes up much less of her time. She did invite me round a few times initially, but then that ceased, especially when the pandemic hit-but that's of course completely understandable.

I feel like I am always somebody who goes out of his way to see and befriend others-and I don't think I'm given the same courtesy.

Do you think she's a good friend or should I not speak to her again? It has been about 9-10 months since I last spoke to her-because strangely she hasn't answered the door to me the past few times I tried to go round there and speak to her.
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
I made friends with a wonderful neighbour 4 years ago, but I'm not sure how good of a friend she really is. She's always so lovely to talk to and have a laugh with, I find it rewarding to talk to her every time I get a chance. However, I find myself going round to see her and she never knocks on my door and comes to see me. She has two children, which I assume takes up a lot of her time, although one of them is in college now so likely takes up much less of her time. She did invite me round a few times initially, but then that ceased, especially when the pandemic hit-but that's of course completely understandable.

I feel like I am always somebody who goes out of his way to see and befriend others-and I don't think I'm given the same courtesy.

Do you think she's a good friend or should I not speak to her again? It has been about 9-10 months since I last spoke to her-because strangely she hasn't answered the door to me the past few times I tried to go round there and speak to her.

Maybe she got annoyed that you bothered her all the time
Original post by A jaded girl
Maybe she got annoyed that you bothered her all the time

I didn't bother her all the time though.
Just leave her alone Jesus
It doesn't sound like you two are actually as close as you think you are. It's normal for neighbours to be friendly to one another but it doesn't mean they'll be close friends.
the friendship has expired. let it go.
I didn't bother her all the time though.

Just 99% of the time then
Just 99% of the time then

Nope not even that. Initially I did get carried away with seeing her, but eventually out conversations became more sporadic. Are you trying to colour me as some kind of nuisance who won't leave people alone or something?
Fascinating
Nope not even that. Initially I did get carried away with seeing her, but eventually out conversations became more sporadic. Are you trying to colour me as some kind of nuisance who won't leave people alone or something?

Well you do seem like someone who can't leave people alone
Well you do seem like someone who can't leave people alone

I can leave people alone, but when you have good chemistry don't you think they want to converse with you? If you get obsessed with talking to a certain person it's likely because you don't have anyone else to speak to or communicate with. I don't really know when it became such an undesirable thing to have a nice chat with people.
Reply 11
For whatever reason she has decided not to continue your acquaintance.Time to move on.
I can leave people alone, but when you have good chemistry don't you think they want to converse with you? If you get obsessed with talking to a certain person it's likely because you don't have anyone else to speak to or communicate with. I don't really know when it became such an undesirable thing to have a nice chat with people.

Maybe you thought it was good chemistry they obviously didn't
Maybe you thought it was good chemistry they obviously didn't

If it was bad chemistry then why would I have decent interactions for years with them? Doesn't make sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending