The Student Room Group

The Tories are waging a war on drugs – but there is cocaine all over the parliamentar

Well, im sure this will come as a shock to absolutely no one but it turns out our beloved leaders and betters are all up to their eyeballs on class a drugs, who else is shocked at the hypocrisy where their policies are giving people whiplash?
It really does nicely highlight one rule for them and quite another for others. I'm sure the irony of their war on dealers whilst frequenting them is just the cherry on top.

It does rather beg the question what else theyre taking though, given only cocaine was tested for and most other drugs dont require a toilet to take them... a sharps box hiding in the broom cupboard perhaps?

Then again, maybe i shouldnt be so hard on them, maybe they just need the kick up the pants they wish to inflict on all other users and a quick spell at Her Majesties leisure will show them the error of their ways? :rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/06/tories-waging-war-on-drugs-cocaine-all-over-parliamentary-loos?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2mrG_4jykxbxxJtzUtZw8eCNyp9ecgyO3hdNur_LsQPVxDuPYRwY58nYw#Echobox=1638801778
That's great. :biggrin:
I was worried that 1/5 of MPs was high on acid, 1/5 were mostly semi-comatose on the job due to a habit of unlawfully consuming spice the zombie drug while most of the rest were honest incompetents or arrogant fools who had no recent personal interaction with illegal narcotics.

If the main problem within english politics really is cocaine, rehab could be very effective.
Alas there is no known effective rehab facilities available to sort out sheer incompetence or idiocy. :rofl:
They should do a spot drug test on all of the MPs and sack offenders.

That said, and I'm going to trigger the libs with this one, I agree that the law is hypocritical but the point is that MPs almost never engage in various blue collar crime and violent crime. The crime that MPs typically get up to (that gets reported) is usually white collar crime that drugs play little to no role in they're just being greedy ****ers. Whereas a lot of blue collar crime is influenced heavily often by frequent drug users..

I think drug policy is used more as a way to lock up people who we can be almost certain to cause crimes rather than trying to stop people from taking drugs. White middle class hipsters doing a joint aren't typically going to go and do a drive by shooting or go and stab someone. Whereas for other demographics...

If you look at the war on drugs by this metric it was actually pretty effective. If you want to see what ending the war on "drugs" looks like look at the "fiery but mostly peaceful protests" that happened across the USA. I think the war on drugs was basically a pretext to go hard on law and order and as something to point to incase people screamed "wayycist".

@imlikeahermit@Napp@Rakas21@TCA2b
Reply 3
It's embarrassing thst even the USA is more liberal and progressive when it comes to drugs than us.
Reply 4
They should go after Gove first
Really? One rule for us, another for them? From our Conservative government?

I'm shocked. :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Original post by Starship Trooper
They should do a spot drug test on all of the MPs and sack offenders.

That said, and I'm going to trigger the libs with this one, I agree that the law is hypocritical but the point is that MPs almost never engage in various blue collar crime and violent crime. The crime that MPs typically get up to (that gets reported) is usually white collar crime that drugs play little to no role in they're just being greedy ****ers. Whereas a lot of blue collar crime is influenced heavily often by frequent drug users..

I think drug policy is used more as a way to lock up people who we can be almost certain to cause crimes rather than trying to stop people from taking drugs. White middle class hipsters doing a joint aren't typically going to go and do a drive by shooting or go and stab someone. Whereas for other demographics...

If you look at the war on drugs by this metric it was actually pretty effective. If you want to see what ending the war on "drugs" looks like look at the "fiery but mostly peaceful protests" that happened across the USA. I think the war on drugs was basically a pretext to go hard on law and order and as something to point to incase people screamed "wayycist".

@imlikeahermit@Napp@Rakas21@TCA2b

Agreed with you till the last part, by no metric has the war on drugs been a success... namely because those who get jailed for it arent especially violent (when have you seen a violent person high on heroin, theyre asleep most of the time) not to mention the pot heads who got locked up.
However, its mainly the protest comment i take issue with as i have no idea how the race riots relate to drug policy?

True say on the last comment though, the 'war' was little more than a useful political tool to distract the masses - thank you Nixon :rolleyes:. Although the christians have their fair share of the blame in the states with the narcotics buraeu (i completely forget its name now) created solely out of evangelising and because prohibition ended and they needed to find a new raison detre to keep themselves around :lol:
Reply 8
Original post by DSilva
It's embarrassing thst even the USA is more liberal and progressive when it comes to drugs than us.

I wouldnt go that far.. theyve allowed weed but other than that their laws make Britains pale in comparison. Their current opioid epidemic, for example, has had the nasty side effect of forcing a lot of chronic pain patients to go to the black market and in turn, get caught and sentenced. the 3 strike law being particularly obscene.
Original post by Napp
Agreed with you till the last part, by no metric has the war on drugs been a success... namely because those who get jailed for it arent especially violent (when have you seen a violent person high on heroin, theyre asleep most of the time) not to mention the pot heads who got locked up.

However, its mainly the protest comment i take issue with as i have no idea how the race riots relate to drug policy?

Well actually I think you'd be wrong. Peter Hitchens has documented pretty much single handedly the link between drugs and terrorism which often gets ignored for political reasons

Eg neocons blame islamists
Lefties blame guns and racism

for instance.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-link-between-drugs-terrorism-and-mental-illness

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2015/02/the-real-mind-blowing-terror-threat-in-our-midst-cannabis.html

https://attackersmokedcannabis.com/tag/peter-hitchens/

As for your last point. This is because they were mainly done by young black men, often with criminal records.
Reply 10
Given how many people work in Parliament, how do you know it's 'our beloved leaders and betters' and not, say, cleaners, caterers, mailroom staff etc?

Does the fact that virtually every bank note is contaminated with cocaine mean virtually every member of the public is on drugs?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1241775/Every-British-bank-note-contaminated-cocaine-weeks-entering-circulation.html
Reply 11
Original post by Surnia
Given how many people work in Parliament, how do you know it's 'our beloved leaders and betters' and not, say, cleaners, caterers, mailroom staff etc?

Does the fact that virtually every bank note is contaminated with cocaine mean virtually every member of the public is on drugs?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1241775/Every-British-bank-note-contaminated-cocaine-weeks-entering-circulation.html

How many 'cleaners' earn enough to be huffing coke? There's a good reason it is the preserve of the middle classes, in general. Nevertheless its touching you assume our leaders, who have admitted to doing coke before, would never dream of doing such a thing again.. nor in the toilet right next to the PMs office, of course. Was the point on exculpating MPs/civil servants whilst damning the lowly humdrum employees a deliberate point or?

As to your comment on contaminated bank notes, i dont see the relevance given the monumental differences involved.
Reply 12
Well actually I think you'd be wrong. Peter Hitchens has documented pretty much single handedly the link between drugs and terrorism which often gets ignored for political reasons

Eg neocons blame islamists
Lefties blame guns and racism

for instance.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-link-between-drugs-terrorism-and-mental-illness

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2015/02/the-real-mind-blowing-terror-threat-in-our-midst-cannabis.html

https://attackersmokedcannabis.com/tag/peter-hitchens/

As for your last point. This is because they were mainly done by young black men, often with criminal records.

Aside from the fact Peter Hitchens is not a source of any repute on the topic and merely parrots other tabloid lines - there is no causal link between drug use and terrorism as a case in point.. (causality is rather key here)

As to cannabis, do you see a massive increase in drug related crime in the US where its been legalised? Because no one else has noted it... 'skunk' has been shown to harm the brain but thats rather different from your average pot head.

Given US drug law is, by and large, expressly racist thats not exactly a shocking revelation, nor one that undermines what i said given these riots were about police gunning down passers by, not arresting blacks for a gram of rocks in their pocket. Which is a problem in its own right, even if far from exclusive to ethnic minorities.
Original post by Napp
Aside from the fact Peter Hitchens is not a source of any repute on the topic and merely parrots other tabloid lines - there is no causal link between drug use and terrorism as a case in point.. (causality is rather key here)

As to cannabis, do you see a massive increase in drug related crime in the US where its been legalised? Because no one else has noted it... 'skunk' has been shown to harm the brain but thats rather different from your average pot head.

Given US drug law is, by and large, expressly racist thats not exactly a shocking revelation, nor one that undermines what i said given these riots were about police gunning down passers by, not arresting blacks for a gram of rocks in their pocket. Which is a problem in its own right, even if far from exclusive to ethnic minorities.

Well I think there should be an inquiry into if there is a deeper link. Quite often this is omitted from reports and it's left to cranks like PH to pick up on it and get FoI requests.

I think you are misrepresenting the "debate" on drugs. I'm sure the large majority of journalists support drug legalisation. I think the pro drug movement is massively overrepresented not because they've won any debate but because it's far more fashionable and profitable to be pro legislation or/and to use drugs.

Have I seen a massive crime wave epidemic in the US? Uh yes actually and this is well documented. Now drugs are often less mentioned as the cause of this (and it's definitely not the only factor) but it does play a role. For instance the White Hating BLM terrorist who recently killed those people in Waukesha had a "problem" with methamphetamines and described himself as a stoner* and there are other similar cases.

"these riots were about police gunning down passers by"

Which riots?

*https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/was-the-waukesha-killer-a-stoner/
Nothing new. Drug prohibition has always had an implicit "but only for poor people" attached to it.
Reply 16
Well I think there should be an inquiry into if there is a deeper link. Quite often this is omitted from reports and it's left to cranks like PH to pick up on it and get FoI requests.

I think you are misrepresenting the "debate" on drugs. I'm sure the large majority of journalists support drug legalisation. I think the pro drug movement is massively overrepresented not because they've won any debate but because it's far more fashionable and profitable to be pro legislation or/and to use drugs.

Have I seen a massive crime wave epidemic in the US? Uh yes actually and this is well documented. Now drugs are often less mentioned as the cause of this (and it's definitely not the only factor) but it does play a role. For instance the White Hating BLM terrorist who recently killed those people in Waukesha had a "problem" with methamphetamines and described himself as a stoner* and there are other similar cases.

"these riots were about police gunning down passers by"

Which riots?

*https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/was-the-waukesha-killer-a-stoner/

Fashin has nothing to do with it, its about simple harm reduction and realisism that prohibition, aside from being a modern queer invention has manifestly failed in every respect. From turning various countries into narco-terrorism hotspots to killing tens of thousands a year and turning gangs into de facto militaries in their own right. There certainly isnt any ridiculous 'fashion', nor implied conspiracy, as you make out. Not to mention i have not spoken of any journos as opposed to scientists and policy professionals involved in this space.

Equally, few are for 'legalisation' as opposed to decriminalization.. there being a huge difference.
The UK's MP's are certainly on something. Just look at the Labour Party Dianne Abbott bless her heart she's definitely on something. Claudia Webbe can't say Belarus and wants to throw acid in a woman's face after harassing and threatening her. She goes on and is always crying about the abuse she gets online. The legend that is Keith Vaz and Zarah Sultana is always on a paranoid come down when she's in parliament getting paranoid about people AKA Torries not wearing a mask and then when she's on the uppers in parties she's fine without a mask.

I'm wondering how many MP from different parties we can add to the list!
The Tories claim they are to wage a war on drugs. Whilst cutting police numbers and taking up their time to guard parties contrary to Covid 19 restrictions, or for Mr Johnson's unnecessary PR trips.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending