The Student Room Group

Failed Midwifery Interview

Hi, can anyone help me prep for my next midwifery interview as I have just failed my first one 🙈 Im a mature student with all of the qualifications and volunteering experience. At the time I felt like I answered all the questions well and when I asked for feedback they advised I apply my own skills and qualities to my answers. Can anyone give some advice on how to smash the next interview?
Original post by Taz2411
Hi, can anyone help me prep for my next midwifery interview as I have just failed my first one 🙈 Im a mature student with all of the qualifications and volunteering experience. At the time I felt like I answered all the questions well and when I asked for feedback they advised I apply my own skills and qualities to my answers. Can anyone give some advice on how to smash the next interview?

Hi

Your feedback suggested to apply " your own kills and qualities " then therefore try to address this with revising on this. You use what you were asked etc from this interview and take it into your others with tweaking things they told you about.

You won't be the only person to have failed a midwifing or nursing interview.
Interviews for midwifing is usually tough to get thorough because of how limited numbers universities take in each year, I been there for both nursing and midwifing interviews and I failed/ got rejected each time.
I did eventually get offered for midwifing and I'm now a registered midwife.
My midwifing interview was face to face and lasted almost a morning as did the question & answer part, then did 6 mini stations with 5/10 minutes on each but that was well before covid19 as you's don't get long with it at the moment.

Good luck with the others as do your upmost best ok.

I don't know what sort of things you were asked etc at your interview but here's some that you might be asked ok.......

Common interview questions
Why have you chosen to become a midwife?
What is the role of a midwife?
How will you cope with the pressures of university work and placements?
What appeals about this university?
How would you deal with a stillbirth?
Why have you chosen midwifery rather than nursing?
What do you know about the Nursing and Midwifery Council?
If a woman had made a decision about her care which you thought would put her or her baby at risk, what would you do?
What have you researched prior to your interview and what resources did you use?
What will the best and worst parts of being a midwife?
What skills are needed to be a midwife?
What are some of the current issues facing the profession that you are aware of?
Can you describe a time you have worked well in a team?
How do you manage your time?
Have you done any work experience to prepare yourself for the course?
What does non-judgmental care mean to you?
Do you know anything about the 6 C’s?
What support do you have?
Can you think of a time you have shown respect for someone else?
Can you describe an occasion where you took steps to make an improvement?
You won’t be asked all of these.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending