The Student Room Group

Alternative route into health and social care

Hi!
I’m starting the alternative route into health and social care course at Hull university in September with the hope to progress onto midwifery in September 2024

I’ve heard midwifery is quite a tough course to get onto and I’m worried I’ll be at a disadvantage coming from the alternative route course rather than a-levels, I guess my question is do I really stand a chance at getting into the midwifery course?

Any advice or tips are more than welcome!
Thank you! 😊
Reply 1
I don't have any advice sorry but just wanted to say I am also worried about how highly competitive midwifery is. I did an access to higher education course through Learndirect and I'm hoping that will be enough :-)

Best of luck with your course and application
Original post by Jenniferhr
Hi!
I’m starting the alternative route into health and social care course at Hull university in September with the hope to progress onto midwifery in September 2024

I’ve heard midwifery is quite a tough course to get onto and I’m worried I’ll be at a disadvantage coming from the alternative route course rather than a-levels, I guess my question is do I really stand a chance at getting into the midwifery course?

Any advice or tips are more than welcome!
Thank you! 😊

Hello @Jenniferhr

I hope you’re well. I’m a 3rd year midwifery student! Congratulations on getting onto your course! Honestly, I wouldn’t worry. When I was at my midwifery interview, there was lots of girls who didn’t have A Level qualifications, who were successful in getting a place. Alongside getting good grades, midwifery is about your personality, how you care for people and your morals! As long as you can show in your interview that you’re passionate about midwifery and understand current midwifery affairs and the roles & responsibilities you’re doing everything you need to!

You’ve got this
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending