The Student Room Group

Can somebody do an apprenticeship and have a part time job at the same time?

Can somebody do an apprenticeship and have a part time job at the same time? thanks
Yes my friend does an apprenticeship and works part-time but she is stressed so I would be careful going down that route because you don't want to put unnecessary pressure on yourself.
Original post by Amin7
Can somebody do an apprenticeship and have a part time job at the same time? thanks

There's nothing stopping you from doing an apprenticeship and having a part-time job, but overall it's a pretty stupid idea.

An apprenticeship will pay you, but will expect you to essentially work a full-time job (40 hours per week). You can of course pick up a weekend or night job, but it will exhaust you to a point where you just can't go on.

And your taxes might get a bit messy so you'll need to speak to HMRC.

Can I ask why would you like to do an apprenticeship and hold a part time job?
During my degree apprenticeship, I used a hobby as a passive income on the side. Another apprentice also had a Saturday job. We were paid fairly well and didn’t really need to, but it helped us both buy a house by our third year.

I wouldn’t commit to any part time job beyond one Saturday/Sunday or a couple evenings a week. The work load can be very burdensome.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending