The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Bath or Loughborough for sports science?

Hi!

I've received offers from Loughborough and Bath for sports science and am having trouble deciding between the two. I've heard really good things from both sides which makes it a lot harder to make the decision. Some people have said that Bath is a more reputable uni overall but Loughborough is more reputable for their sport courses... I'm also curious about which would offer better job prospects.

If anyone has any insight into any of this, please let me know.

Thanks!
It depends on who you ask! Baths ranks higher for sports science in uk currently but Loughborough ranks higher in world rankings!! Loughborough is higher in this year’s uk complete university guide overall league table but both are top 10! Loughborough is synonymous with sport generally though. May I ask what offers you got (& are you a home student?), my daughter is still waiting on Bath and we hadn’t heard of anyone getting a sport &exercise science offer yet!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by meerakap
Hi!

I've received offers from Loughborough and Bath for sports science and am having trouble deciding between the two. I've heard really good things from both sides which makes it a lot harder to make the decision. Some people have said that Bath is a more reputable uni overall but Loughborough is more reputable for their sport courses... I'm also curious about which would offer better job prospects.

Thanks!

Which sports are you involved in? Maybe compare that?

I've had students at both - I know Loughborough allowed a student to work from home on his dissertation when he got a professional cricket contract [allowing him to play first class matches]
Original post by meerakap
Hi!

Thanks!

Hi,

I studied Sports Management at Loughborough University and have many friends who studied sports science here so hopefully I can help you out a bit.

It may be worth knowing that Loughborough is currently ranked 1st in the world for sports related subjects https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/subjects/sport-sciences/#:~:text=Loughborough%20University%20has%20been%20ranked,World%20Rankings%20by%20Subject%202021). For me personally, I have found the best thing about studying a sports related subject here is the facilities and teaching. The labs, lecture halls and research facilities are all extremely high quality and I have found the teaching to be for the most part really interactive and the content interesting. It's also an advantage being surrounded by amazing athletes. Many GB athletes train on our campus and during my time here I got to work on projects that might help have an impact on competing athletes here at the University.

Loughborough also allows you to complete a placement year and helps you search and apply for different job opportunities. One of my friends recently secured a placement as a sports scientist at Stoke city and another one of my friends secured one at Leicester city.

At the end of the day it depends on your preference. If you prefer more of a campus Loughborough might be better for you but if you prefer more of a city/campus feel than Bath may be better for you. I advise you also compare the course content in both University's to find what appeals more to you.

I hope this helped,

Noah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending