The Student Room Group

which university for chemical engineering?

I have applied to UCL, Manchester, Edinburgh, Bath and loughborough for chemical engineering, i have already received 3 offers and awaiting 2 more however im not sure which university would be best to go for chemical engineering.
Original post by kamilstar
I have applied to UCL, Manchester, Edinburgh, Bath and loughborough for chemical engineering, i have already received 3 offers and awaiting 2 more however im not sure which university would be best to go for chemical engineering.

What criteria are you using to define "best"? Student satisfaction? Social life? Graduate prospects? Sports facilities? Accommodation? Low drop-out rate? Most highly rated research? Highest percentage of 2:1 and above degrees? Most international students? Highest ranked? (If so, using which ranking?)

Were you able to attend an open day at any of those universities? Some are campus-based, some are city-based - so it would be reasonable to assume that some "suited" you more than others. They are also in completely different areas of the country.

What is it that you're looking for in a university? Only you can decide what's best for you.
Reply 2

Which unis have you heard back from?
Reply 3
Original post by theanon2
Which unis have you heard back from?

Manchester, Bath and loughborough.

Hi @kamilstar ,

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough!

Loughborough's Engineering department is great and is one of the largest engineering departments in the UK. I would recommend looking at this page here for more insight into our Engineering department.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions about Loughborough please do ask🙂

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest