The Student Room Group

where do i start with my gcse revision?

i started back in january revising for my gcse’s. usually, i’m a student working at a 7/8 level. however, during the beginning of the year, my depression has become quite severe and affected me academically, as my mocks dropped my grades to a 5/6.

i’m really hoping to jump those grades back up, as i want to study 4 a levels, one of those being further maths, which an 8 is needed for gcse in order to study for sixth form.

so far, i’ve been making mind maps, going off pages in the cgp book. this is due to the fact that i really need to make myself familiar with content, in all my subjects.
but i just don’t know where to start.

does anybody have any methods or such on how to memorise/learn content efficiently and where to start?
i do want to finish all content by end of march, as in april i’m planning on doing past papers, practice papers and such!!!
Hi I’m doing my GCSEs this year too!! What I do is that I revise for 40 mins for 3 subjects each school day. On weekends I revise sciences, maths and english as that’s what I want to do in sixth form 😵*💫 make sure you do past papers as you go along !
Reply 2
Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox
Hi I’m doing my GCSEs this year too!! What I do is that I revise for 40 mins for 3 subjects each school day. On weekends I revise sciences, maths and english as that’s what I want to do in sixth form 😵*💫 make sure you do past papers as you go along !

thank you so much for your help!!!
Reply 3
I reccomend googling the specification online to see exactly what you need to know for each subject. I reccomend before looking at the cgp book, you try to make a mindmap with as much as you remember then use the cgp and specification to add anything you forgotten. Also, using the specification, write 10~20 questions on each topic and when you come back to it in the future, you can see how much you remember by answering the questions.
Reply 4
Original post by Anjoh987
I reccomend googling the specification online to see exactly what you need to know for each subject. I reccomend before looking at the cgp book, you try to make a mindmap with as much as you remember then use the cgp and specification to add anything you forgotten. Also, using the specification, write 10~20 questions on each topic and when you come back to it in the future, you can see how much you remember by answering the questions.

thank you so much, this has been really helpful!! ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest