The Student Room Group

2022 A100 Medicine Decisions Poll

Poll

Let us know what your decisions are! You can select multiple options, so please do.

The 2022 A100 Medicine Decisions Poll :yay:

If you have all 4 decisions, please fill in this poll!

It's anonymous and the data is being used purely for curiosity; as there are so many more waitlists and fewer offers than usual, we're interested to see how offers that have been given out might be distributed between candidates.

This might help students who are waitlisted gain a more realistic idea of their prospects in general.

Scroll to see replies

statistics time!
Who doesn't love crunching numbers :work:
Reply 2
Original post by becausethenight

It's anonymous and the data is being used purely for curiosity; as there are so many more waitlists and fewer offers than usual, we're interested to see how offers that have been given out might be distributed between candidates.

This might help students who are waitlisted gain a more realistic idea of their prospects in general.

From 92 total offers noted up to now in the sample of 125 people, it seems that 46 will be reallocated at some point. Right? The sample is very small though now.
Reply 3
@PQ is there any UCAS level data about the total number of offers so far and how many candidates hold them which can be shared? Not by medical school, so not commercially sensitive, but overall. Thanks.
Original post by TCL
@PQ is there any UCAS level data about the total number of offers so far and how many candidates hold them which can be shared? Not by medical school, so not commercially sensitive, but overall. Thanks.

Not public domain I'm afraid

Please don't quote below this line in case it needs to be deleted
There are over double the number of outstanding applications (no offer or rejection) compared to the same time last year for medicine (~29k applications v 14k last year). Rejections are 6% lower (~4,500) than this time last year, offers are about 35% down (~5,500) on last year.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
I don't seem to be able to see the results?
Original post by RhiRhiT
I don't seem to be able to see the results?

I think, when you enter your stats, you see the results. Other than that, I really don't know.
Reply 7
Original post by the mumivator
I think, when you enter your stats, you see the results. Other than that, I really don't know.

Bottom left in blue it should say view results.
Original post by becausethenight

4 rejections
Original post by eion tusk
I applied to 4 med 1 dent, got 1 streight up rejection, 2 post interview rejections, and got fed up waiting so decided to withdraw from other two, and applied to another med school through ucas extra - waiting on that one now.
I should be getting my own unique categories 🀣🀣🀣

Which meds school are available on ucas extra please
Uclan?? When I phoned them up they said they have 15 places and they are not taking on ucas extra or clearing did u pay to have access to ucas extra?
Im gonna try clearing on results day I have had enough of this process I have had 4 rejections to medicine and one offer to biomedicine at Manchester
Original post by Absianka
Im gonna try clearing on results day I have had enough of this process I have had 4 rejections to medicine and one offer to biomedicine at Manchester

commenting to follow thread
Reply 13
@ecolier are there any prior statistics by Med school or total for % of students meeting or not offer conditions?
Reply 14
Original post by LidaH
@ecolier are there any prior statistics by Med school or total for % of students meeting or not offer conditions?

The figures generally mentioned here are 40-50% not making the grades, but this is an odd year, so nobody knows what might happen!
Reply 15
Original post by TCL
The figures generally mentioned here are 40-50% not making the grades, but this is an odd year, so nobody knows what might happen!

Yes indeed. Did they say how the boundaries going to increase? I am just trying to understand % of Wait/Hold lists movement.
Reply 16
Original post by LidaH
Yes indeed. Did they say how the boundaries going to increase? I am just trying to understand % of Wait/Hold lists movement.

They set the boundaries to achieve the agreed statistics. This year the statistics will be halfway between 2019 and 2021. I am assuming they will do it at a subject level, but maybe they will take the opportunity to reduce some of the most ridiculous grade inflation (such as music for which there was a 436% increase in A*s).

For example, OCR A Chemistry:
2019 - 7.42% got A*, 20.94% got A (28.36% got A/A*)
2021 - 17.32% got A*, 31.36% got A (48.68% got A/A*)

So I assume 2022 - 12.37% will get A*, 26.15% will get A (38.52% get A/A*)
Reply 17
Original post by TCL
They set the boundaries to achieve the agreed statistics. This year the statistics will be halfway between 2019 and 2021. I am assuming they will do it at a subject level, but maybe they will take the opportunity to reduce some of the most ridiculous grade inflation (such as music for which there was a 436% increase in A*s).

For example, OCR A Chemistry:
2019 - 7.42% got A*, 20.94% got A (28.36% got A/A*)
2021 - 17.32% got A*, 31.36% got A (48.68% got A/A*)

So I assume 2022 - 12.37% will get A*, 26.15% will get A (38.52% get A/A*)

Yes that makes sense. In a standard year what % of students get their offers? In 2021 how tgis % change? (Off course this year is nothing but standard but i guess it will be between the two.) Also are there any statistics of popularity of a uni in respect to offer acceptance?
I know after the deadline of ucas will do Im doing my exams this summer for A level It pointless to apply for Gradute entry for medicine as its a waste of time and its self funding to so Im trying to get into medicine straight away if not clearing will take a gap year
Yes, if you want to - it helps us contextualise because due to waitling lists we can't assume 1 offfer = 3 rejections etc.

Quick Reply

Latest