The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 3 7405/3 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aaaadammmm
Guys for alkene A did u put but-1-ene
with part b being it has no chiral centre

And for isomer B and C did u put E and Z but-2-ene
with part b being there is restricted rotation around the C=C bond

yes, except I said for A that it was because the first C wasn't bonded to 2 different groups
Original post by Lilzz.x
just watching videos.. i've honestly given up, especially since my friends are all done </3

thats how im feeling about bio tmr i really cba rn
what did u guys put for that electrode question? it was like 'why does -- act as a catalyst in this reaction? refer to the electrode potentials in the table in your answer'

personally i put that -- (i dont remember what molecule) acts as a catalyst bc it reduces the -- to -- as it has a less positive E value for that reaction, then oxidises -- to -- as it has a more positive E value than that reaction

Original post by ayesha ayesha
how many marks was the temperature one where you had to work out wat temp it was feasible at. just realised I didn't divide S value by 1000

Couldn’t you just like times the h value by 1000?
Original post by sunshine11111
guyssss u know the catalyst 6 marker
i was like what do i write for 6 marks
i didnt have much to say
like it only asked for definition and why and the eqautions
what didi u guys put

For that one i said that the autocatalysis is when one of the products acts as a catalyst and then that the reaction was slow at the start because the conc. of [M2+] was small and then after the reaction occurs more M2+ is being produced so the reaction rate increases and the colour of solution changes to pink . also i gave a graph with a curve to show the process of this reaction and an ionic equation of MnO4- and M2+ catalysing.
For that one I said that (2Co2+)+(S2O8-)-->(2Co3+)+(2SO42-) and that (2Co3+)+(2I-)-->(2Co2+)+(I2) so basically it acts as a catalyst because it provides an alternative route with a lowe activation energy for the reaction because obvioulsy SO8- and 2I- are negatively charged so they will repel each oher which means they have high activation energy for the reaction to occur and this helps with the cobalt catalsyt.
am i the only one that found paper 2 so so hard oh gosh i needed an A :frown:
Original post by techwiz12345

I found paper 2 quite good but I messed up paper 1 🫤
What questions were there about rates?
Original post by techwiz12345

Dw u cant do anything now just leave it,I had one bad exam and its annoying me everyday but whats worrying gonna do about it.
Quick Question- So we have any information what will be happening to the grade boundaries.
I just did a Paper 3 Chemistry past paper and got 64/90 so can anyone please tell me what grade could this likely be for this year's boundary grades?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by MoonCheese
I just did a Paper 3 Chemistry past paper and got 64/90 so can anyone please tell me what grade could this likely be for this year's boundary grades?

That’s roughly 71%, which I’d guess is probably an A.
Original post by TypicalNerd
That’s roughly 71%, which I’d guess is probably an A.

bro why did u do a past paper u already got an A* in chem lol
Original post by Adas1332
bro why did u do a past paper u already got an A* in chem lol

Where exactly did I say I did a past paper?

I think you may have misread my last message.
Good luck all. The end is now in sight and your much deserved summer break is just round the corner.

Let us hope the last two years of hard work gives each and every one of you the excellent grades you deserve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending