The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Catering at Durham

Hello,

I was wondering if the catering options at Durham are the same for all the colleges and whether there is the provision of veg/vegan options?

Cheers!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

I was wondering if the catering options at Durham are the same for all the colleges and whether there is the provision of veg/vegan options?

Cheers!

Hi, I honestly don't know the answer to the first question, but every college has some veggie and vegan options. I'm just attaching a couple of menus that I found online. https://trevsjcr.com/menus/ and https://st-aidans.com/current-students/servery-menus/
Comparing these 2 menus and what I have eaten in the last 2 terms in my college (Chad's) I'd say that the menus are not the same but fairly similar, for example, the soups are similar to the one we have but just on different days or like trevs, we also have pasta Monday for lunch but usually we have a different sauce
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by XanaXoid
Hi, I honestly don't know the answer to the first question, but every college has some veggie and vegan options. I'm just attaching a couple of menus that I found online. https://trevsjcr.com/menus/ and https://st-aidans.com/current-students/servery-menus/
Comparing these 2 menus and what I have eaten in the last 2 terms in my college (Chad's) I'd say that the menus are not the same but fairly similar, for example, the soups are similar to the one we have but just on different days or like trevs, we also have pasta Monday for lunch but usually we have a different sauce

Thank you!

An additional question would you recommend Chads? (I currently have Hatfield as my first choice.)
Thank you!

An additional question would you recommend Chads? (I currently have Hatfield as my first choice.)

I love chads but it's not for everyone. It is really small and moreover you'll probably live in a house which is even smaller, so in few weeks you'll know most people and I know some people prefer a bigger college. Also I think that 3 out of 4 fresher are in a shared room so you also have to be ok with it
Reply 4
I love chads but it's not for everyone. It is really small and moreover you'll probably live in a house which is even smaller, so in few weeks you'll know most people and I know some people prefer a bigger college. Also I think that 3 out of 4 fresher are in a shared room so you also have to be ok with it

Cheers!
What's your opinion about Hatfield?
Cheers!
What's your opinion about Hatfield?

So Hatfield's stereotype is to be posh but all the people that I met from it are super nice. For sure there are some posh people but I don't think it is as posh as people think
Reply 6
So Hatfield's stereotype is to be posh but all the people that I met from it are super nice. For sure there are some posh people but I don't think it is as posh as people think

Righttt. Was also wondering about the uni in general, there are quite a few youtube videos about Durham being very posh, racist, and classist. While I'm pretty sure this isn't the case and there are a minority of people there like that (like at any other uni), what's your view on this?
Righttt. Was also wondering about the uni in general, there are quite a few youtube videos about Durham being very posh, racist, and classist. While I'm pretty sure this isn't the case and there are a minority of people there like that (like at any other uni), what's your view on this?

I agree with you, there is a minority of students that are posh etc, like in any other uni. And if I have to be 100% honest, last year I was in a university in Italy, my home country, and Durham is far less racist and posh than my previous uni
Reply 8
I agree with you, there is a minority of students that are posh etc, like in any other uni. And if I have to be 100% honest, last year I was in a university in Italy, my home country, and Durham is far less racist and posh than my previous uni

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest