The Student Room Group

How many hours a day of a level revision?

Hi,
Just wondering how many hours a day people are doing for A-Level revision this Easter holidays and plan to do on study leave? I feel as though I am not doing enough!
Original post by 15naylorm
Hi,
Just wondering how many hours a day people are doing for A-Level revision this Easter holidays and plan to do on study leave? I feel as though I am not doing enough!

I'm planning on doing at least 6 hours each weekday (having Wednesday off) and about 3-4 on the weekends. But its whatever works best for you
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi,

You need to follow the 24 hour rule. If you’re studying you need to do this for 24 hours a day for it to be effective.
Hi,

Hi,

I think you should be focusing more on what you're studying rather than how long you're studying for. If you hyper-focus on the hours you do each day, you'll get stressed and feel like you haven't achieved enough. Similarly, if you have a day when you can't be bothered opening the books, you'd feel very guilty and this would be counter-productive.
I highly suggest you make a plan and choose a certain amount of topics to do each day. This doesn't need to be an equal split as a harder topic might take you 5 hours whereas in the same time you could finish 3 easy ones! It won't matter how many hours you've sat at your table, as long as you cover everything you had planned to for that day.
You should also have plan for some easier and harder days to account for the days when you don't feel productive, so that you'll still be able to study something without feeling bad for procrastinating!

Venessa
Medic Mind
Reply 4
Heyy I'm aiming for 4 a day over Easter. I think any more will leave you feeling burnt out by the time exams come round. Possibly in the lead up to exams you could do more e.g. 6 a day but it's still a little way off! Don't stress :smile:Also remember it's whatever works for you. 3 hours of focused intense work is better than 6 of getting distracted, going on your phone etc
Completely agree with above commenters, quality is better than quantity. Perhaps you could make yourself a revision timetable so that you could use your time more efficiently, and give enough time to each topic etc. theres no use doing hours upon hours everyday because you’ll only burnout and its not going to be useful in the long run. Just do it at your own pace and make sure you’re taking frequent breaks, youve got this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest