The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 1 8702/1P - 25 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

And any predictions for 2022?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Michael Kyle
Does anyone know the 2021 aqa english literauture question (Macbeth, Inspector calls and the poems power and conflict)?
Or do you know the most likely poem to be for the power and conflict cluster 2021 and most likely character for An Inspector Calls?

the 2021 papers questions are literally the 2018 qs.
Original post by aisima

Alright thank you, appreciate it.
Does anyone else support this or knows the questions/poem?
And also 2022 predictions?
Original post by aisima

I think they're just the sample papers to show what the 2022 exam would actually look like
the past 4 years have been:- ambition- macbeth banquo attitudes to supernatural- macbeth as violent- lady macbeth is a female character who changesThe last 3 were all characters so i reckon ours will be a theme but an easy one so my bet is on guilt or appearance vs reality
Reply 5
Original post by aisima

huh?? hows that possible
any predictions what is going to come for macbeth and poems?
Poetry (War and Conflict)
War and conflict poems used over the past 4 exam sequences are: Remains, War Photographer, Ozymandias, Bayonet Charge.

I would love Charge of the Light Brigade or Exposure, following the theme of war, however I would guess it is more than likely going to be the power of nature (Prelude, Storm on the Island, Exposure).

Does anyone know why I cannot locate any past papers from before 2017? I have scoured the net, and I am wondering if there is a simple explanation. I would be interested to see what poems were used 2016, 2015 and 2014.
Reply 8
Syllabus was first examined started in 2017, but there were three sample papers released Before this which had Ozymandias, Poppies and Storm on the Island.
Reply 9
Original post by ladyshabarni
Poetry (War and Conflict)
War and conflict poems used over the past 4 exam sequences are: Remains, War Photographer, Ozymandias, Bayonet Charge.

I would love Charge of the Light Brigade or Exposure, following the theme of war, however I would guess it is more than likely going to be the power of nature (Prelude, Storm on the Island, Exposure).

Does anyone know why I cannot locate any past papers from before 2017? I have scoured the net, and I am wondering if there is a simple explanation. I would be interested to see what poems were used 2016, 2015 and 2014.

Why do you think it will be a nature theme? I was thinking due to everything that has happened in these 2 years they would use a power poem finally however a war would make sense aswell? Tbh I would rather any of the last 4 e.g kamikaze etc
Original post by fashp23
Why do you think it will be a nature theme? I was thinking due to everything that has happened in these 2 years they would use a power poem finally however a war would make sense aswell? Tbh I would rather any of the last 4 e.g kamikaze etc

i think it might be something which everyone has most likely covered like London?

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 25th May AM
Length: 50m per option

Resources:
Specification

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)
great thanks

Original post by Mythical Pingu

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 25th May AM
Length: 50m per option

Resources:
Specification

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
What exam board do you guys do??

The Anthologies (with the known poems) have been removed from 2022 exams (AQA). For poetry, only Unseen Poetry remains.
Reply 14
Original post by banana8224
What exam board do you guys do??

The Anthologies (with the known poems) have been removed from 2022 exams (AQA). For poetry, only Unseen Poetry remains.

Each school has picked a topic they'd like to drop, in your school's case it has been poetry. Some schools have opted to continue poetry such as my school and remove one of the other books such as Inspector Calls.
Original post by Saturn.
Each school has picked a topic they'd like to drop, in your school's case it has been poetry. Some schools have opted to continue poetry such as my school and remove one of the other books such as Inspector Calls.

Ohh I see, makes sense now
Reply 16
that's a safe bet has there never been a theme question on 9-1 exams
I'm thinking for pride and prejudice (if anyone here actually does it lol I've barely met anyone else who does) it's probably doing to be something like social respectability or wealth or honour or something about the male characters like Bingley, Wickham, Mr Collins and the relationships between them. The past papers have already covered romance, Darcy and Elizabeth's relationship, the themes pride and prejudice, Elizabeth's strong character, how women treat each other and how Mr and Mrs Bennet are as parents, and tbh I sorta doubt it'll be another love-related theme for the third year running.
Original post by Michael Kyle

Don't forget to find your exams on the GCSE Exam Discussions thread. You'll find a chat thread for each of your exams - see what other students are saying!

Good luck :smile:

MP
Does anyone have any predictions for Love and Relationships poetry anthology or Romeo and Juliet?

Quick Reply