Does Coventry round the overall grade?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone, does anyone know what percentage is a first at Coventry? I know 70% is the actual boundary but I know some universities give you a first if you get a 67/68% as long as you get a first in your last 6 assignments. I was wondering if that was the case with Cov
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone, does anyone know what percentage is a first at Coventry? I know 70% is the actual boundary but I know some universities give you a first if you get a 67/68% as long as you get a first in your last 6 assignments. I was wondering if that was the case with Cov
See Academic Regulations and scroll down to "Section 6 and 6b: Regulations for the Undergraduate Curriculum Framework". You first need to establish whether yours is a Section 6 (Mode C) course or a Section 6b (Mode E) course. I assume the latter, in which case you can follow the relevant link and then scroll down to section "6b.11 Award and classification". That contains all the gory details - which are far too complicated to summarise here.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Hi there,

My name is El and above 70% is a 1st, anything in the 60s is 2:1/2:2. From my own personal knowledge, Coventry doesn't round up it's grades as I've gotten plenty of 68s and still be marked as a 2:1.

From when I google it for you it says: The method for calculating Merit & Distinction is as follows: Distinction: The average of at least 70% in the 150 credits worth of level M modules with the highest marks. Merit: The average of at least 60% but less than 70% in the 150 credits worth of level M modules with the highest marks.

But you can get in contact with the University if you need this to be answered:
https://www.coventry.ac.uk/the-university/

Hope this helps,

El
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 2 months ago
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey,

Are you talking about your final grade for your classification degree? If so, then there's a possibility your percentage can be rounded up, especially if it's around 59.8/9, 69.8/9 or so on. This is only likely to happen if the score is above 0.5. However, I'm unsure where the boundaries lie when the exam board decides to round up or down exactly.
The university has two methods in calculating the final degree classification and whichever you score the highest in is what the university will give you.

I hope this helps.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (14)
28%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (21)
42%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
8%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
12%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise