The Student Room Group

How Long Do I need to wait ?

So called a sainsburys and they wanted me to send my CV. I sent it to them and called again to confirm whether they have got my cv. So they said they will go over it quickly. the person was busy. I sent it to them yesterday 5pm they said they will reply quickly. still waiting. when should I call them if they haven't updated me. I am thinking about Friday morning. i am literally checking my inbox every second. its killing me. I have been on a job hunt for 3 months.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by peteryoungy
So called a sainsburys and they wanted me to send my CV. I sent it to them and called again to confirm whether they have got my cv. So they said they will go over it quickly. the person was busy. I sent it to them yesterday 5pm they said they will reply quickly. still waiting. when should I call them if they haven't updated me. I am thinking about Friday morning. i am literally checking my inbox every second. its killing me. I have been on a job hunt for 3 months.

Hiya :hi:
I've moved your thread into advice on applying for a job so you might get a few more responses :smile:
Hope this helps,
Cheese :bump:
Reply 2
There is no set time. Jobs have no obligation whatsoever to view your CV, or get back to you - they could have binned it, or it could be lost, or they just might not have read it. Most you can do is call after a couple days, see what they say and move on. Try Thursday or Friday, if they haven't indicated they've read it then just move on.

With that said, it's been a day bro.. give them some time. If they are actively hiring and looking for candidates then they will want to compile a few CV's to choose the best out of the lot. Good Luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending