The Student Room Group

apprenticeship interviews

Hi I've got an interview for an IT apprenticeship and I was wondering how long my answers should be time-wise per question, I want to give impressive answers but I don't want to talk their ears off and bore them. Thanks
Reply 1
Honestly as long as you need. Just make sure you answer the question directly and aren’t talking just to talk.

The length of your answers aren’t what’s going to impress them. It’s the content
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by O_O.
Honestly as long as you need. Just make sure you answer the question directly and aren’t talking just to talk.

The length of your answers aren’t what’s going to impress them. It’s the content

i see, any advice?
Reply 3
Original post by eve_02
i see, any advice?

i mean thats it really lmao. be direct and make sure to answer the question.

i always went into interviews with an idea about the companies "values" and how i represent them (e.g. a value of teamwork, ive shown that by taking part in a team hackathon etc). also have at least one of their projects or something theyve worked on in your head that you like so you can back up the answer to that "why us?" question.

you might also have 1 or 2 questions for the interviewers. i usually default to "why do you enjoy working here/fave part about working here" but its good to have something youre genuinely curious about whether its course details, how other apprentices have found it etc.
Reply 4
Original post by O_O.
i mean thats it really lmao. be direct and make sure to answer the question.

i always went into interviews with an idea about the companies "values" and how i represent them (e.g. a value of teamwork, ive shown that by taking part in a team hackathon etc). also have at least one of their projects or something theyve worked on in your head that you like so you can back up the answer to that "why us?" question.

you might also have 1 or 2 questions for the interviewers. i usually default to "why do you enjoy working here/fave part about working here" but its good to have something youre genuinely curious about whether its course details, how other apprentices have found it etc.

Thanks so much, I’ll go away and do that now!
I've got one for data science on Thursday I was wondering the exact same question 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending