apprenticeship interviews

Watch this thread
eve_02
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I've got an interview for an IT apprenticeship and I was wondering how long my answers should be time-wise per question, I want to give impressive answers but I don't want to talk their ears off and bore them. Thanks
O_O.
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Honestly as long as you need. Just make sure you answer the question directly and aren’t talking just to talk.

The length of your answers aren’t what’s going to impress them. It’s the content
Last edited by O_O.; 1 month ago
eve_02
Rep:
(Original post by O_O.)
Honestly as long as you need. Just make sure you answer the question directly and aren’t talking just to talk.

The length of your answers aren’t what’s going to impress them. It’s the content
i see, any advice?
O_O.
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by eve_02)
i see, any advice?
i mean thats it really lmao. be direct and make sure to answer the question.

i always went into interviews with an idea about the companies "values" and how i represent them (e.g. a value of teamwork, ive shown that by taking part in a team hackathon etc). also have at least one of their projects or something theyve worked on in your head that you like so you can back up the answer to that "why us?" question.

you might also have 1 or 2 questions for the interviewers. i usually default to "why do you enjoy working here/fave part about working here" but its good to have something youre genuinely curious about whether its course details, how other apprentices have found it etc.
eve_02
Rep:
(Original post by O_O.)
i mean thats it really lmao. be direct and make sure to answer the question.

i always went into interviews with an idea about the companies "values" and how i represent them (e.g. a value of teamwork, ive shown that by taking part in a team hackathon etc). also have at least one of their projects or something theyve worked on in your head that you like so you can back up the answer to that "why us?" question.

you might also have 1 or 2 questions for the interviewers. i usually default to "why do you enjoy working here/fave part about working here" but its good to have something youre genuinely curious about whether its course details, how other apprentices have found it etc.
Thanks so much, I’ll go away and do that now!
Wanderingpro
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've got one for data science on Thursday I was wondering the exact same question 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (17)
29.82%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
38.6%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.51%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.02%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.28%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.75%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.75%

Watched Threads