The Student Room Group

Video Interview

How do you prepare for a video interview for a degree apprenticeship?
What skills do you need to show?
Original post by What_Wait_A_Min
How do you prepare for a video interview for a degree apprenticeship?
What skills do you need to show?

What is the degree apprenticeship in that you are applying for?

From a content point of view, interviewers will be looking for you to demonstrate the skills and qualities required for the degree apprenticeship you will be entering (i.e if it was in healthcare, they would look for you to demonstrate that you are fully aware of the career you will be entering and expectations, but also that you understand the skills and qualities that a professional in that field would need to have and be able to provide examples of where you can demonstrate those skills and qualities in yourself, including the practicalities). If you're like me and struggle to talk positively about yourself when put on the spot, take some time to re-read your CV and remind yourself of your achievements, interests and future goals.
As it is a degree apprenticeship, it is a good idea to map into your answers how you will adapt to the university side, such as managing your time, being proactive around assignments and embedding yourself into university. Doing your research into the company will both put you at ease during the actual interview, but provide you with the knowledge should they ask you directly about the company and your understanding of the role.

From a physical point of view, even though it is a video interview, still make sure you maintain eye contact with the camera, keep positive body language and speak clearly. I would still dress smartly for a video interview as it shows the interviewers that you are still prepared and presentable. A tip is to have a glass of water nearby, so if you need a few extra seconds to think about the question, you can take a sip while you think to give you the extra time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending