Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of a seamstress/shop that does alterations in Bristol? I have a dress that needs taking in.
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Just go to your local dry cleaners; most do alterations.
    Either that, or Yellow Pages!

ReputationRep:
    bristol is a pretty big place, there are loads. i know of three places in clifton alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw7055)
    bristol is a pretty big place, there are loads. i know of three places in clifton alone
    Do you happen to know the names/addresses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star.)
    Do you happen to know the names/addresses?
    no, being a guy i don't tend to use them, but i have just noticed them. They are all in clifton village around The Mall, the road not shopping centre.
    Depending on what you need doing too, there are a couple of dress makers in clifton too who might help.

ReputationRep:
    Seamstress is a funny word, I think. It always makes me think of old women.

And no, I don't know any places unfortunately in bristol.

ReputationRep:
    Theres one on Bloomfield Road, Brislington. Called Antoinettes I think. It's in the yellow pages, and near where I used to live

ReputationRep:
    loads of dress shops will have an alterations service, and if they don't they'll definately have contacts, so just look for the nearest dress/bridal shop, there's loads.

ReputationRep:
    There's a Persian tailor at the bottom of Jacobs Wells Road. The sign outside says that he does alterations, although I've never been in, just driven past.

ReputationRep:
    Most Dry Cleaners can do little alterations...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.