The Student Room Group

nottigham vs bristol vs durham vs exeter

which of these is better, taking into account the quality of education, prestige, city, and nightlife?
Nottingham for Maths and Econ
Durham for econ
Exeter for econ
Bristol for maths and econ
Reply 1
Well if nightlife is important, then Nottingham beats the rest hands down. It's also probably considerably cheaper than some of the more southern options you've listed. Can't comment on the quality of the education provided though.
Original post by Aqua12345
which of these is better, taking into account the quality of education, prestige, city, and nightlife?
Nottingham for Maths and Econ
Durham for econ
Exeter for econ
Bristol for maths and econ

I'd probably go for Bristol - maths & econ.

In terms of education, generally if you're wanting to go into Econ or something financial, then the more quant the better so Bristol and Notts would be preferable here. On the prestige front, Durham and Bristol would be the highest, Durham probably edges it slightly. In terms of quality of Econ teaching, Notts and Bristol joint top. In terms of City and nightlife, again I would put Bristol and Notts top even though they differ, Bristol is nicer, a bit more upmarket than Notts but also more expensive. Notts is a bit more rugged if that makes sense.

I'd probably discount Exeter straight away. Ultimately there's not massive differences between these options, they're all pretty solid. Just think Bristol probably comes marginally better when averaging across all the criteria but you can't really go wrong with these options.

Worth noting that Bristol is more of a city uni and Notts more of a campus uni, if you care about stuff like that.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending