The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Year 11 for me. I made friends with the people I really wanted to & the lessons were jokes.
4th year :yep:
Good friends, good school, minor disruption of the Junior Certifcate :p: but was a good laugh :cool:

Upper Sixth was damn good fun as well, did faff all, even better friends and the general funness that comes with being older
Year 8 was great. No exams, settled in to secondary school and no important work to do. Those were good days. Had a good lot of mates to. Having said that though i enjoyed year 12 as i found the best friends i have ever had
Year 10.. because you started GCSES on subjects You enjoy!!..

and Year 12 was a Laugh!... because u got to be urself with your own clothes AND met new people!!!
Reply 24
Year 9 or 10, good times.
Socially Year 11; more parties, more friends ect.
However academically Year 9, because we picked our GCSE options in year 8 so I'd finally didn't have to do a lot of the subjects I hated such as Art and Resistant Materials, I was probably a bit smarter than too
Reply 26
Year 8.
I don't remember ever doing any work.
Was very chilled :]
Reply 27
year 12. I achieved good results, had hopes of getting into cambridge and my teachers liked me. Completely the opposite to year 13.
Year 9 / Year 10.... Got to drop subjects I hated with a passion!!
Reply 29
I remember year 9 as being pretty good generally even though the end of it was pretty horrible for personal reasons.
We were divided into different teaching groups who we were with virtually all the time (as compared to other years where you were with different people all the time). Ours was a great group - it was the smallest in our year and we had 2 people in the class who just absolutely cracked us up constantly while everyone else kind of kept things calm meaning that everyone was nice to work with and that we all generally did well. Years 7-8 weren't bad either I suppose. Socially though years 10-13 were pretty crap for me.
Deyn_08
None
no friends for 5 years
hated for being different.

aww, I'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs: is everything alright now? have you made any friends now? :smile:

and btw lots have said 8 and 11. no one likes 7,9 or 10 that much lol?
year 8, year 7 was weird, moving to a different school and all, year 9 I did a half ict gcse, which wasnt too fun, year 10 i did gsces and year 11 im doing gcses now. Year 8 was definatley the most care-free
Reply 32
Year 11....so much fun!!!
Year 10! No GCSEs until year 11, basically bummed around and had a laugh with friends for a whole year! Plus went to London and Paris with my school, so had a pretty amazing year :biggrin:
Reply 34
Year 8
-No exams to worry about
-Already had a great circle of friends
-Established myself as a good student so I didn't need to try that hard...good times
Reply 35
tetrahydrocannabinol.
Year 8;
No exams, no real point in trying too hard (well, I mean, compared to the other years of school) things aren't as new and scary as year 7, you're all settled in, and there's none of the pressure of GCSEs or A levels.

This.

I remember making my maths teacher in year 8 so pissed off with me, because I just wouldn't shut up for the entire lesson. Fun times. :biggrin:
I'll answer the question seriously (oh yes, I shall).

4+ to Year 2 -- you're a young kid, and nothing is real. Homework, money, responsibilities, relationships; none of them exist. Your domain is the fantasy world of the playground, football, cartoons and video games. What's not to like?

Years 3 and 4 -- a change from infant to junior school. Largely uneventful, and I did quite a lot of work. Had flashes of the unruly, uncaring, person that would develop later in cover lessons with Mr. Owen; but we had fun in the end. Football and S Club 7 were the order of the day in year 3, whilst Pokemon cards would be the hallmark of year 4.

Year 5 -- quite fun. Some notable incidents; the tale of the toilet walls with excrement decor springs to mind. This time, spin the bottle and truth or dare were the rampant crazes.

Year 6 -- excellent year. Whilst at the mercy of a usually strict teacher, he became more relaxed as the year went on. Lessons consisted of banter about cricket, football and girls.

Year 7 -- my favourite. A new school, a new beginning. I just didn't care (a la William Wharton of The Green Mile), and as such had an inordinate amount of fun. Yes, my grades were terrible. Yes, I had a myriad of detentions. But I tell you, if I could go back, I'd do it again.

Year 8 -- perhaps dominated by unrequited love ":frown:". A semi-troublesome year, with a few friendship problems, but decent on the whole.

Year 9 -- a solid year. My propensity for trouble increased throughout the year, yet despite this I got excellent SATS results (highest in the school). Encountered some quirky students and teachers.

Year 10 -- eventful, in a way. A changeable year. Became increasingly tedious as the year grew older, however. My grades were poor (distracted), but on the up side, I made some excellent new friends.

Year 11 -- insanity (but not virtual, I'm afraid). Once again, I didn't care, but not in the good way. My appearance worsened, my attendance was shocking and my grades permanently suffered. Worse year ever. At least it was shorter.
Reply 37
Year 11 - the only year I didn't go to school worried I'd be beaten up :smile:
Oops re-post
Reply 39
Year 9 was the best year!!! Did all my work for my SATs and had the sickest time with my friends!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending