The Student Room Group

concerts

i wanna buy a concert ticket, does anyone have tips regarding how early to get there and if you have to stand the whole time?
You normally buy concert tickets online.
Take your own wine
Original post by jennaa21
i wanna buy a concert ticket, does anyone have tips regarding how early to get there and if you have to stand the whole time?

depends on the location, popularity of the artist, type of music, etc.

personally, i'd always go for standing if it's in the budget and in a good venue - saw declan mckenna at royal albert hall last may, and that £40 was the best £40 i'd ever spent. doors opened at 7:15, but got there at 4:30 since i had unreserved standing. me and my friend were mostly sat while waiting for the doors, but stood until midnight after that - small warning that your legs will ACHE for days (took about 3 days for my legs to stop hurting lol) if you stand, but honestly i'd say its worth it, the experience outdoes any pain. if it's like harry styles, where standing tickets are about £200 and you have to face the wrath of superfans then sitting close to the stage might be a better shout, but it's all up to you and where you think you'll have the most fun (and where it won't be too outrageously expensive bc boy does harry milk his fans' love for all its worth)

overall, i'd say standing, get there about 3 hours early if you're dedicated (the view will pay off! we ended up being right at the front with only one person stood in front of us) and have a great time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest