The Student Room Group

Should I go to this concert?

Me and my friends booked a concert last year and it got rescheduled to in a few weeks. There are 3 of us, and they both listen to the artists music but I don’t , and honestly I was just going because I didn’t want to feel left out. I found out the concert clashes with a family thing I have, and honestly I don’t know whether I should go. They are both super excited, and are planning outfits and stuff, but they always do it in classes I don’t do with them, so I feel left out nonetheless. Plus, I’m quite awkward and I feel like I’ll end up just standing there, or taking photos of both of them. Recently I feel a bit left out, because they have more classes together, and they always show me pictures of them from that class, and I just sit there and listen, plus i feel they have more in common and are always talking about stuff I don’t know about. i do genuinely think we are good friends, they are not leaving me out on purpose, but I think I am overthinking it and they also don’t realise how upsetting(?) it is for me. So, I don’t think I should go, but is this just making my situation worse? Because I’m basically isolating myself by choosing to go to my family thing when I could just decline and go to the concert, but the family thing is also a good excuse not to go. Idk what to do because on one hand it could be fun and maybe I’ll feel better, but on the other hand it could just be really awkward. :frown:
Hey there!
I think you should probably skip the concert. If you don't think you're going to enjoy it, or if you don't even like the musicians, then there's really no point. You shouldn't have to feel left out when you could be spending time with your family instead. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending