The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE papers

My teacher told me today that if i don’t draw all the graph questions without a pencil the examiners will not give me the mark and that this counted for both maths and science. I know you draw graphs with pencil but i went over them with pen so it was clearer and so the scanner can properly scan what i drew but i didn’t know they wouldn’t give the mark if i done that i just thought it didn’t matter.

Is this true or will i still get the mark??
Original post by cxndyy
My teacher told me today that if i don’t draw all the graph questions without a pencil the examiners will not give me the mark and that this counted for both maths and science. I know you draw graphs with pencil but i went over them with pen so it was clearer and so the scanner can properly scan what i drew but i didn’t know they wouldn’t give the mark if i done that i just thought it didn’t matter.

Is this true or will i still get the mark??

Your teacher is not correct. Because the papers are scanned to the markers they will not be able to tell the difference between pen and pencil. The lines just needs to be readable and dark enough for it to scan. When I did gcse i used pen for all my diagrams, i never used pencil just in case. You will be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Cloudster
Your teacher is not correct. Because the papers are scanned to the markers they will not be able to tell the difference between pen and pencil. The lines just needs to be readable and dark enough for it to scan. When I did gcse i used pen for all my diagrams, i never used pencil just in case. You will be fine.

oh my god thank you so much for your response i was about to break down and cry when he said that because i’m bad at maths already and really need those graph marks to pass🥲🥲
Original post by cxndyy
oh my god thank you so much for your response i was about to break down and cry when he said that because i’m bad at maths already and really need those graph marks to pass🥲🥲

No problem. You will be fine. Hopefully this year’s grade boundary will be lower.

Quick Reply

Latest