The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Uni: Picked Evelyn Richards Hall, did you?

Okay, I had a pretty thorough look at all the options. I’m not well off, but money isn’t an issue. For me it was about the proximity to certain places and the quality of the accommodation space itself.

For those of you who picked Evelyn Richards, why did you do it?
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, I had a pretty thorough look at all the options. I’m not well off, but money isn’t an issue. For me it was about the proximity to certain places and the quality of the accommodation space itself.

For those of you who picked Evelyn Richards, why did you do it?

Hi I am a 1st year at lboro, my final exam is on Monday but I stayed at Royce, not the best but Elvyn Richards is nice from what I have heard, most people I know who stay there said because of the space and that its catered etc.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by CurryCurry2468
Hi I am a 1st year at lboro, my final exam is on Monday but I stayed at Royce, not the best but Elvyn Richards is nice from what I have heard, most people I know who stay there said because of the space and that its catered etc.

Thanks for the response.

I watched some videos online and what you said was pretty much what they said. It’s catered food are considered the best and it’s spacey. I guess thats why it’s a little pricey but hey. 😊

If you don’t mind me asking, what are you studying?
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the response.

I watched some videos online and what you said was pretty much what they said. It’s catered food are considered the best and it’s spacey. I guess thats why it’s a little pricey but hey. 😊

If you don’t mind me asking, what are you studying?

computer science
for 2nd year I reserved an ensuite in william morris, cannot wait lol. Plus its closer to my lectures and stuff and convenient location tbh
Reply 4
I’ve firmed Loughborough and picked Evelyn mostly due to the space :smile:
Reply 5
Hi!
I just finished my second year and going on my placement year.

In my first year, I was in towers, which is also catered and for my second I was in Bakewell (which is right next to Elvyn, and had some friends there).
I'm quite a picky eater and hated the food in towers (which is the same food throughout the university), but I've heard others liked it. I feel it's very down to your opinion on what you like as food. Coming from Towers what I hated was:
- There was no common space. We had to do pres in the corridor (which is grim when you smell the booze from the carpet the next morning)
- I found in Bakewell the people were a whole lot nicer and that there is a stronger community feel
- The wardens/subwardens were so nitpicky and unfair (although it was peak covid 2020-2021, some of their actions were uncalled for)
- Hard drugs everywhere
- Having my own bathroom was such a relief as my flatmates were incredibly messy last year
- No kitchens
-How far away it was (Bakewell is in the heart of the campus which was nice to quickly go to the on-campus shop and other halls pres)

I loved my time at Bakewell this year and was really sad it ended :frown: Elvyn is basically the same but is just catered and has a very awkward quad that you can look into other people's rooms in. Nether-the-less, if you love to cook or are picky I would highly recommend Bakewell but Evelyn is a close runner-up in my books! It was so fun being part of a community (in freshers, Bakewell day, etc..), and hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending