The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2023

Hello!
Welcome to the Loughborough Applicants thread for 2023 for all prospective applicants.
It's also a thread where you can have a general chat and ask any questions you can't find the answer to.

The most common FAQs are answered in the drop downs below, so have a look there first. There are a lot of answers on the University website too, but feel free to ask here if you can't find what you need.

How to Apply

Entry Requirements

International students

Mature students

Deferred Entry

Fees and Finance

After applying

How long does it take to reply

Interviews

Visit Days

Rejected despite meeting the minimum entry requirements

After Receiving an Offer

Replying to an offer

Accommodation

Results Day and Clearing

Hopefully all of this helps a bit towards answering some of your questions!

If there is anything else you need to know - just ask - we're always happy to help :smile:

Vicky
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi Vicky, Thank you for this information. I would love to apply to the ‘media and communications course’ at Loughborough for September 2023! However, I am also considering another subject course at other universities. I am aware we can only submit 1 personal statement through UCAS. Would I be able to submit an alternative personal statements to yourselves (which did not go through UCAS)? Thank you 😊
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Hi there,

No problem we’re glad it was helpful.

It’s so good to hear that you’re considering Loughborough University!

In terms of your personal statement, you can only submit one personal statement through UCAS so it must be applicable for every course you apply for.

If it helps, we have a webpage with advice for writing a personal statement here: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/school-college-liaison/post-16/advice-and-top-tips/personal-statements/

I hope this supports you in some way and please don’t hesitate to ask any other questions!
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi there,

No problem we’re glad it was helpful.

It’s so good to hear that you’re considering Loughborough University!

In terms of your personal statement, you can only submit one personal statement through UCAS so it must be applicable for every course you apply for.

If it helps, we have a webpage with advice for writing a personal statement here: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/school-college-liaison/post-16/advice-and-top-tips/personal-statements/

I hope this supports you in some way and please don’t hesitate to ask any other questions!

Hi,

Thank your for your reply and advice.

Would I be able to send an alternative personal statements to your application team (not through UCAS)?
Original post by Cakelover24
Hi,

Thank your for your reply and advice.

Would I be able to send an alternative personal statements to your application team (not through UCAS)?

Hi,

Unfortunately not, all undergraduate applications come to us through the standard UCAS application. If you want to chat about this more, our admissions team are available to contact directly on 01509274403 / [email protected] - they have an in-depth knowledge on the process and might be able to point you in the right direction on how to make one personal statement work across multiple courses.

Jennifer :smile:
Original post by Loughborough Postgraduate Study
Hi,

Unfortunately not, all undergraduate applications come to us through the standard UCAS application. If you want to chat about this more, our admissions team are available to contact directly on 01509274403 / [email protected] - they have an in-depth knowledge on the process and might be able to point you in the right direction on how to make one personal statement work across multiple courses.

Jennifer :smile:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I believe my understanding at this time was incorrect.

Would I be able to put the course I would like to study at Loughborough down on my UCAS 5 choices and then send an email with Amy UCAS details and an alternative personal statement (so your team can match it up to my UCAS application)?

I have contacted the admissions team and they said I can hand in an alternative personal statement. However, I am unsure on this process.

Thank you.
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I believe my understanding at this time was incorrect.

Would I be able to put the course I would like to study at Loughborough down on my UCAS 5 choices and then send an email with Amy UCAS details and an alternative personal statement (so your team can match it up to my UCAS application)?

I have contacted the admissions team and they said I can hand in an alternative personal statement. However, I am unsure on this process.

Thank you.

Hi :smile:

The team that reply on TSR don't work in admissions, so if admissions have said that they're happy for you to add the course to your UCAS and submit an alternative personal statement then this should be correct. I'm not sure of the process around this, so I've been in touch with admissions and will let you know as soon as I have more information.

Jennifer
Hello,

Thank you.

Hi :smile:

Just an update on this, I've spoken with admissions and in terms of the process they've asked that you email the personal statement to [email protected] once you have submitted your UCAS application. Please also include your UCAS Personal ID number on the email, so that they can locate your application.

Apologies for the earlier confusion regards to it not being submitted via UCAS. Best of luck in your application :smile: please let us know if you have any other questions.

Jennifer
Hello,

Thank you very much for finding this out for me!
Had an offer of ABB for Politics and IR. Loughborough turned it round in 7 days after submitting!
Hi, i'm trying to decide between human biology and biology at Loughborough. I find the human biology side of biology most interesting as well as courses linking to exercise. Although a broader degree like biology may be better because i am not sure what I want to do in the future yet. Also I like the look of integrated masters courses and that is only offered for the biology course.
Both the human biology and biology course share the same first year so i suppose I could switch between them no matter what i picked.
Does anyone have any advice.
Both courses look really similar, I am not sure which to pick!
Original post by jimmybonds007
Had an offer of ABB for Politics and IR. Loughborough turned it round in 7 days after submitting!

thats great! hope I get an offer that quick :smile:
Original post by jimmybonds007

Hi @jimmybonds007,

Excellent news! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask - we're here to help! :smile:

I hope you have a great day.

- Lindsay
Original post by Elisabeth3210
Hi, i'm trying to decide between human biology and biology at Loughborough. I find the human biology side of biology most interesting as well as courses linking to exercise. Although a broader degree like biology may be better because i am not sure what I want to do in the future yet. Also I like the look of integrated masters courses and that is only offered for the biology course.
Both the human biology and biology course share the same first year so i suppose I could switch between them no matter what i picked.
Does anyone have any advice.

Hi @Elisabeth3210,

I think I may have just responded to this question on another thread.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=97797967&highlight=loughborough

As always, don't hesitate to get in touch with any further questions!

I wish you all the best! :smile:

- Lindsay
I haven’t received a confirmation email yet that Loughborough have received my UCAS application and I applied at the beginning of October. Should I be concerned?
Original post by alekstudies
I haven’t received a confirmation email yet that Loughborough have received my UCAS application and I applied at the beginning of October. Should I be concerned?

Hi @alekstudies,

Thank you for your message! I've been in touch with the admissions team here at Loughborough University and they have said not to worry at all as there can be many reasons why a decision has not been made yet. They have said that you are more than welcome to email them at [email protected] and they will check your application.

As always, please don't hesitate to ask any further questions, but I hope I've helped!

I wish you all the best!

- Lindsay
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi @alekstudies,

Thank you for your message! I've been in touch with the admissions team here at Loughborough University and they have said not to worry at all as there can be many reasons why a decision has not been made yet. They have said that you are more than welcome to email them at [email protected] and they will check your application.

As always, please don't hesitate to ask any further questions, but I hope I've helped!

I wish you all the best!

- Lindsay

Ok thank you! I’ll email them shortly about it :smile:
Hi,
I have an interview for natural sciences at Loughborough in December and have no idea what will come up, and how to prepare.

Any hints and tips would be warmly appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I have an interview for natural sciences at Loughborough in December and have no idea what will come up, and how to prepare.

Any hints and tips would be warmly appreciated.

Hi there,

I hope you're having a great day so far!

Thanks for your question! I've spoken to the science department here at Loughborough about how the interviews for your course are being currently run (which is for you!) and at the time of writing this reply.

They have said that the interview will be as much an opportunity for you to ask Loughborough questions as it is for us to ask you some questions :smile:

The team want to find out things such as your interest in the course, your passion for the subject area and why you are considering Loughborough. As I say, you are more than welcome to ask Loughborough anything too. Ultimately, don't worry - we just want to have a discussion with you and then go into the lab to do some work.

I hope that helps! If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Have a great day and good luck!

- Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending