The Student Room Group

How can you make a curry less salty?

I accidentally a bit too much salt when cooking, is there any way to make it less salty by adding something or anything? Otherwise I'll have to bin it it's too salty
Nope, you cannot unsalt a curry. There is no opposite for it lol
Yoghurt sometimes works, or add additional stuff to the curry to fill it up and balance out the salt, like potatoes, old bread, etc. I'm sure it'll taste fine
Add coconut milk
Add coconut milk, a sugar cube or a few teaspoons of some garlic containing tomato puree or pasta sauce with truffle oil.
Make the curry all over again from scratch, and then mix them together, and it'll be less salty.
Smaller curry that's plain, then mix the two together. Might take a while, though.
Original post by Anonymusy
I accidentally a bit too much salt when cooking, is there any way to make it less salty by adding something or anything? Otherwise I'll have to bin it it's too salty

add potatoes or tomatoes
put a shed load of rice on top
Reply 9
Update: I tried adding, vinegar, sugar as that was all I had of all suggestions. The vinegar helped slightly but anything else but sugar did nothing. I managed to eat quite a bit of it a I didnt want to waste it but it was so salty, I couldn't have anymore that I had to bin the rest. Anyway lesson learnt, I'll only be putting a tiny bit of salt in from now on. Not sure why I did that time when I never have before

Quick Reply

Latest