How can you make a curry less salty?

Watch this thread
Anonymusy
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I accidentally a bit too much salt when cooking, is there any way to make it less salty by adding something or anything? Otherwise I'll have to bin it it's too salty
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Nope, you cannot unsalt a curry. There is no opposite for it lol
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Yoghurt sometimes works, or add additional stuff to the curry to fill it up and balance out the salt, like potatoes, old bread, etc. I'm sure it'll taste fine
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Add coconut milk
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Add coconut milk, a sugar cube or a few teaspoons of some garlic containing tomato puree or pasta sauce with truffle oil.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Make the curry all over again from scratch, and then mix them together, and it'll be less salty.
SagaciousSag
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Smaller curry that's plain, then mix the two together. Might take a while, though.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymusy)
I accidentally a bit too much salt when cooking, is there any way to make it less salty by adding something or anything? Otherwise I'll have to bin it it's too salty
add potatoes or tomatoes
the bear
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
put a shed load of rice on top
Anonymusy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Update: I tried adding, vinegar, sugar as that was all I had of all suggestions. The vinegar helped slightly but anything else but sugar did nothing. I managed to eat quite a bit of it a I didnt want to waste it but it was so salty, I couldn't have anymore that I had to bin the rest. Anyway lesson learnt, I'll only be putting a tiny bit of salt in from now on. Not sure why I did that time when I never have before
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads